Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

Most-viewed blog entries of 2012 (thanks Charlie!)

12-29-2012 3,655 views Misc 6 Comments

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm not afraid to steal a good idea when I see it. Earlier today Charlie Arehart posted his top ColdFusion blog entries for the year. I thought that was a great idea and figured I'd share it as well. Interestingly enough, none of my top ten is ColdFusion-related. They are almost entirely PhoneGap-related (with jQuery Mobile being the other top topic).

Parse.com - dynamic data storage for mobile 48134
Example of Autocomplete in jQuery Mobile 21844
Example of form validation in a jQuery Mobile Application 17225
Downloading files to a PhoneGap application - Part 1 15654
How I cheated Mozilla's new HTML5 Game 14150
Getting URL parameters in a jQuery Mobile page 13885
Context Menu Example with jQuery Mobile 11775
Converting a dynamic web site to a PhoneGap application 9568
PhoneGap RSS Reader - Part 3 9299
Building a Parse.com Enabled PhoneGap App - Part 5 9084

6 Comments

• me #
    Commented on 12-31-2012 at 7:57 AM
    How about a top 10 CF list?
  • Commented on 12-31-2012 at 11:33 AM
    I don't have stats for that. (Ok, I could write the SQL, but i'm being lazy. ;)
  • John Farrar #
    Commented on 01-01-2013 at 6:35 PM
    These results look right. Most of ColdFusion is familiar to the current user base. PhoneGap and jQuery are pulling in a great number of new users. So doesn't this reflect the natural state of who would be googling for information and come to read a blog post?

Big question, what community platform building information would draw people to read blog posts? I have some ideas for this year on that topic. :)
  • Commented on 01-02-2013 at 6:21 AM
    What do you mean when you say, "community platform building information"?
  • Commented on 01-02-2013 at 12:59 PM
    Ooh, that's a good idea! Made me curious about my most popular posts too...

• Commented on 01-02-2013 at 1:07 PM
    @Sean: That Charlie is a smart dude. :)

Post Reply