RIP ColdFusion Bloggers

RIP ColdFusion Bloggers

So today I killed ColdFusion Bloggers. This was rather abrupt and I apologize for that. A week or so ago it was reported to me that the data wasn't updating. I logged into the service providing hosting and discovered they were shutting down for good in a few weeks. I've had free credit with them for a few years now, but honestly, I didn't want to go find another cheap Node hosting solution.

If you go to the site now, you'll find a JSON, and HTML, export of the most recent list of supported blogs. It got down to about 120 or so I think. I also did an export of the entire Mongo DB with all the recorded entries. You could probably find a great deal of ColdFusion content there lost to the world.

You can find the source code for the current site here: https://github.com/cfjedimaster/nodecfbloggers. Anyone has my permission to use it, seed it with the database, and go to town. (Although you should visit my wishlist of course. ;)

Raymond is a developer advocate for HERE Technologies. He focuses on JavaScript, serverless and enterprise cat demos. If you like this article, please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist or donating via PayPal to show your support. You can even buy me a coffee!

Comment 1 by toddsharp posted on 5/23/2018 at 1:20 AM

RIP.

Comment 2 by Rick Mason posted on 5/23/2018 at 2:24 AM

Went there every single day so at least I'll miss it.

Comment 3 by Wil Genovese posted on 5/23/2018 at 3:31 PM

Hmm, I might set this up on AWS via Lambda.

Comment 4 (In reply to #3) by Raymond Camden posted on 5/23/2018 at 3:43 PM

I considered converting it to serverless. It would only need 2 functions - one to aggregate and one to serve up content. Would be pretty trivial to do so. (I wrote an aggregator for webtask.io last night that I'll be sharing here later today.)

Comment 5 (In reply to #4) by Wil Genovese posted on 5/24/2018 at 8:40 PM

We can work together on this when you're ready if you want. I can put up a Node.js server or we can do it via Lambda. There's no need to worry about this at this time. My sincere condolences Ray.

Comment 6 (In reply to #0) by Raymond Camden posted on 6/5/2018 at 7:01 PM

No. This is not a generic ColdFusion support site and your question isn't on topic for this blog post.

Comment 7 (In reply to #6) by hyun hyo shim posted on 6/7/2018 at 2:05 AM

how about make a dropdown list based on the database. can you tech me?

Comment 8 (In reply to #7) by Raymond Camden posted on 6/7/2018 at 12:51 PM

You are not understanding. This is not a generic support forum. I welcome questions about the current topic of each blog entry, but you are not asking questions related to the topic for this post. Please use Stack Overflow for general questions.

Comment 9 by Robert Zehnder posted on 7/13/2018 at 6:15 PM

I don't know how I missed this. o.O