Any WordPress users familiar with BlogCFC?

A long time ago a reader shared a BlogCFC to WordPress script. I'm assuming it is too far out of date to be useful. Has anyone converted a modern BlogCFC database to WordPress 4.0? I'm assuming I can figure it out myself, but if someone has a script handy, I'd appreciate it.

Comment 1 by Dan Vega posted on 11/14/2014 at 6:35 PM

I have been thinking of doing the same. Just curious why you made that decision though if you don't mind sharing.

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/14/2014 at 7:01 PM

This blog engine works - but - if I want to anything new or change a theme it is a lot of work. I'd rather *not* work on this. Plus, WP 4.0 is just damn impressive.

Comment 3 by Brad Wood posted on 11/15/2014 at 8:59 AM

If you want to stay in the CF world, ContentBox Modular CMS has BlogCFC converter built in. I also wrote a BlogCFC Compatibility module that makes all your old URLs still work as well as a Blog Ping Module for aggregators. In addition to being pluggable, it's themable out of the box (one-click installs) and if you want to extend it or write your own theme, you get to use CFML and not that nasty PHP :)

Comment 4 by Brian Panulla posted on 11/15/2014 at 1:51 PM

Here's what I used... I built on one that i found and added a few features.

Comment 5 by Brian Panulla posted on 11/15/2014 at 1:54 PM

I guess that doesn't really qualify as modern though. I can't believe it was five years ago.

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/15/2014 at 6:33 PM

@Brian: That's the one I'm using. It has a few bugs that I'll share when I'm done with the conversion. Basically I'm done now except for a few issues:

a) Blog entries with a title that has a dash become -- in the URL. That works here, but not in WP. So I may need to handle that manually and create a .htaccess file to map folks coming in from Google. If I can automate it, not a big deal. If I can't, it is a deal breaker as I have around 600+ of them.

b) I need to find a "stats" plugin. I use the "Views" property of my blog entries as a quick way to measure ow my blog is going and how each individual entry is going. I also have Google Analytics too, but the Views property is much simpler.

c) I find attaching things to WP blog posts awkward - and I'm guessing I can't automate the process for old entries. Oh wait... I bet I could. I can just add a direct link in the blog entry itself. Yeah, that's an option.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/15/2014 at 6:34 PM

@Brad: I really want to give WP a try. Also, I'm going to move the domain to a Google Compute Engine instance.