ColdFusion Jedi is no more...

I've already had multiple people ping me about this so I thought it was a good idea to make sure folks knew I was aware. I have not used the coldfusionjedi.com domain in a long time, but each year I was renewing. After some advice from a reader, I put it up for auction and sold it. So - yep - I know that requests for coldfusionjedi.com go someplace else. I also have some blog entries that may link to that domain. I'll correct them as I run across them.

Comment 1 by Tami posted on 10/6/2014 at 9:48 PM

Remember, once a Jedi, always a Jedi
;)

Comment 2 by Phillip Senn posted on 10/6/2014 at 9:48 PM

Wait: Is that Wookiemmerce?

Oh, not wait: Woocommerce.

Comment 3 by Steve posted on 10/6/2014 at 9:58 PM

Thanks for telling me, I hadn't really noticed. :-)

Comment 4 by Scott Stroz posted on 10/6/2014 at 10:44 PM

Seems you sold the domain to someone who knows nothing about ColdFusion..or web development, apparently.

Comment 5 by Gary F posted on 10/7/2014 at 12:56 PM

This new ColdFusionJedi chap is a bit of a disappointment. He recently posted "ColdFusion is a product that belongs to Macromedia." Ray, your mini-me isn't as sharp as you. :-)

Comment 6 by LJLB posted on 10/7/2014 at 2:21 PM

And there seems to be no way to leave comments over there. I wonder why . . .

Comment 7 by matt posted on 10/7/2014 at 2:33 PM

the new site is clearly some spam crap, the stuff they've written makes no sense and I'm not even referring to their level of english

Comment 8 by Miguel-F posted on 10/7/2014 at 3:48 PM

And it is a WordPress site - NNNNOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/7/2014 at 3:50 PM

To be fair, WordPress is pretty damn impressive. I *do* plan on killing my own blog one day - the ColdFusion version. I'm either going to change to NodeJS or WordPress. Not because I hate ColdFusion - but because the code here is WAY old now. It certainly works, but it is becoming more difficult to tweak. Speaking of - I just tweaked my contact form - according to the header I made it in October 9..... 2007.

Comment 10 by Mark Drew posted on 10/10/2014 at 7:06 PM

You should go to Ghost... It's the future of blogging.

I am half sarcastic in that comment.

It's good tho.

Comment 11 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/10/2014 at 7:12 PM

I considered Harp, but, with 10k+ entries, it would be kind of a chore.