OSX Outlook keeps asking for a password

This post is more than 2 years old.

Ever since day one at Adobe I've had an odd issue with Outlook on my Mac. About 3-4 times a day it would 'forget' my password. As soon as I entered my password it worked, but it bugged me that I had to keep re-entering it. I Googled but never found the right answer. I deleted and recreated my profile numerous times, but it never helped.

Finally, Terry White (fellow Adobe evangelist!) made a simple suggest. Instead of entering my password in Outlook, I should be doing it in the Exchange settings via System Preferences.

So first you go here...

And then click Details:

That was it. Seriously. I can't believe I didn't figure that out earlier, but every single time I tried to fix it by Googling around I never came across this solution. (Probably because it was too obvious. ;)

Raymond Camden's Picture

About Raymond Camden

Raymond is a developer advocate for HERE Technologies. He focuses on JavaScript, serverless and enterprise cat demos. If you like this article, please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist or donating via PayPal to show your support. You can even buy me a coffee!

Lafayette, LA https://www.raymondcamden.com