ColdFusion Updates Today

Today we released updates for ColdFusion 9 and 10. These updates allow for Java 7 and fix an issue with Google Maps. You can find details on ColdFusion 9's update here and ColdFusion 10 here.

This morning I applied the update on my local ColdFusion 10 box and tested a page with cfmap on it. You will get an error if you leave the Google Map API key value set in your settings (either the ColdFusion Administrator or App.cfc). If you just remove the value you should be fine.

Comment 1 by Rick posted on 2/27/2013 at 8:32 PM

I sure wish that there was an easier process for updating ColdFusion. The process is so involved that I suspect others (like me) procrastinate on applying the updates.

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/27/2013 at 8:32 PM

Um, you have seen how it works in CF10, right? It is point/click/done.

Comment 3 by Edward Rynearson posted on 2/27/2013 at 9:20 PM

I am interested in learning about the v3 google maps upgrade

Comment 4 by Michael Santoroski posted on 2/27/2013 at 9:22 PM

Did they every fix the cgi.script_name / cgi.path_info bug?

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/27/2013 at 9:22 PM

It simply makes CF's cfmap tag work with v3 of the Google Map API.

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/27/2013 at 9:22 PM

Michael, check the bug tracker and see the status.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/27/2013 at 9:22 PM

Michael, check the bug tracker and see the status.

Comment 8 by Bob Clingan posted on 2/27/2013 at 10:33 PM

Ray- the CF10 update feature only works if you are using standalone... if you do the J2EE install you get an error that says "can't deploy the update for j2ee server". The update process is still way better than CF9... that is like 13 steps.

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/27/2013 at 10:36 PM

Bob, sounds like a bug, can you report it? Or post to ColdFusion blog I linked to above (first link).

Comment 10 by Matthew Mathers posted on 2/28/2013 at 1:30 AM

Can you please supply the download link to the proper JDK 1.7 install for Windows Server 2008 R2 running ColdFusion 9.0.1 64-bit? Thanks so much!

Comment 11 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/28/2013 at 2:02 AM

Um, no - I don't run CF9. :) May I suggest posting it as a comment on the blog I linked to (first link)?

Comment 12 by Bob Clingan posted on 2/28/2013 at 2:05 AM

Ray, a somewhat unrelated note to this thread.. I noticed the comment count on the home page is out of sync with the actual number of comments... I'm guessing its cached maybe? For instance mine shows 9, when its 11 (about to be 12)

Comment 13 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/28/2013 at 2:06 AM

The home page has to do the most work, and it gets the fewest views (most folks come in directly), so I cache the entire thing.