Released: Learn CF in a Week

This is pretty big news folks. For a while now, various members of the ColdFusion community, led by Simon Free, have been working on a new educational resource for CF developers. It is now live at: http://www.learncfinaweek.com/.

The material covers 15 chapters on topics ranging from ORM, security and even internationalization. You can view the material online or download it as a PDF or eBook version.

To make it even sweeter - this is also 100% free!

Comment 1 by Mikel posted on 11/8/2012 at 11:52 PM

Oh, this is great! I think both my wife and daughter will have to take advantage of this great resource!

Comment 2 by Donna posted on 11/15/2012 at 1:10 AM

I'm not having any luck with this once it tries to create the database. I've tried using Mac & Win and run into the same issue so I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing (or not doing) correctly? I have some experience with MS SQL but none with MySQL so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/15/2012 at 1:24 AM

I was going to recommend you provide this feedback on the site itself, but while I see a generic 'contact' link, I'm not seeing a specific, good way to comment about a particular lesson. I just pinged Simon Free to see what he had in mind for that. That being said, what's going wrong exactly? Is there one step failing for you?

Comment 4 by Simon Free posted on 11/15/2012 at 2:27 AM

@donna, The problem is probably due to your install of MySQL not having command line access. Fill out this form http://www.learncfinaweek.c... and once i have a way of contacting you I can send you the instructions to do it manually.

@ray, we now have an ask a question link in the header as well as a feedback/contribute section

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/15/2012 at 2:29 AM

Nice. I still Disqus on each lesson would be a great way to add commenting.

Comment 6 by Donna French posted on 11/15/2012 at 2:30 AM

Thanks guys! Ray - when I try to run the install files, it fails. Simon - I'm gonna shoot you a message. You guys are awesome!!!

Comment 7 by tHeSmUrF posted on 5/10/2017 at 11:11 PM

I haven't been keeping up with the CF news - is this site just temporarily unavailable or has it gone for good?