E-Seminar on Slatwall next week

While at cfObjective, Sumit Verma from Slatwall let me know that they are doing an Adobe E-Seminar next week on the product. Slatwall is a free, open source e-commerce product that plugs into Mura CMS, another good, free, open source ColdFusion product.

You can register for this e-seminar here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/index.cfm?event=detail&id=2014594&loc=en_us

By the way - I feel like we (Adobe) could do a much better job of letting you know about these e-seminars. Agreed?

Comment 1 by Ryan posted on 5/18/2012 at 11:55 PM

Nevermind the e-seminars, I still have not recieved any notification from Adobe that ColdFusion 10 is out. And I know I'm on there mailing lists.

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/18/2012 at 11:58 PM

What exactly are you waiting for though? It's been blogged, by Adobians, tweeted, Facebooked, etc. :)

Comment 3 by Joseph P posted on 5/19/2012 at 12:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up. This sounds interesting.

Comment 4 by Alan posted on 5/19/2012 at 1:10 AM

Ryan agreed and you disagree with him :)

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/19/2012 at 4:40 AM

@Alan: I read his comment as a lack of communication about CF10 in general.

Comment 6 by Alan posted on 5/21/2012 at 6:02 PM

i see your point. but i think he is trying to emphases adobe's slackness. they seem like they don't give rat's ass.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/21/2012 at 6:03 PM

Well, as far as I know, none of the e-seminars (and there are more than just CF ones) are 'broadcast' out. I think it may have to do with our rules on emailing.

How about this - I'm going to personally try to keep track of this and help spread the word.

Comment 8 by Ryan posted on 5/21/2012 at 7:41 PM

As Alan states I'm speaking in regards to a lack of any official email from Adobe about the release of CF 10.

It's great to see the community get information out via blogs, tweets, etc. but when the company actually developing a product does not release any information via direct marketing to existing customers I find it odd.

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/21/2012 at 7:43 PM

This question came up in a private meeting last week and it relates to spam issues. Adobe _can't_ email anyone unless you've registered and _specifically_ said that you were ok with communications. Apparently we did send out quite a few emails, but if you didn't meet that criteria, you would not have gotten anything. Apparently the rules on emails are -very- strict.

Comment 10 by Alan posted on 5/21/2012 at 10:34 PM

Ray, you are one of few good people. I admire the time and effort you guys put in this community. I think you are doing more than Adobe itself ;)

I am cf9 license holder. I think i should have got an email. But issue is not only email. Issue is big very big ;)

Comment 11 by Ryan posted on 5/21/2012 at 10:48 PM

@ray: I just double checked my settings under 'My Adobe' and I have checks for sending me info to e-mail, postal mail and telephone. I have third-party permissions set to No and I have subscribed to Adobe Inspire Magazine. I also checked and all of our orders for ColdFusion and other products are also assigned to that ID. I know this is not your area at Adobe but perhaps they have something wrong with the mailer if both Alan and I are not getting any emails in regards to CF 10. Or maybe they just haven't sent anything out yet. Just trying to do my part to make sure everyone gets the good word about CF 10.

Comment 12 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/22/2012 at 1:21 AM

@Alan: I can see that. I know that folks, even me, want more CF coverage via Adobe.

@Ryan: Hmpth, well, I had thought you would have gotten an email. Sorry if I was weong on that.

I agree with all of you - we need to toot our own horn a bit more here.