jQuery Mobile Web Development Essentials - Released

It is here! Finally. 100% done. (Although Amazon still says it isn't released - that should be corrected soon.) The jQuery Mobile book I wrote with Andy Matthews is now published. The book covers creating jQuery Mobile apps and is up to date to the most recent release. The code is available via Github for easy forking/modifying as you learn. You can purchase via the Amazon link to the left (as I said, it is published so it should ship and I get a small kickback from the affiliate link) or via the Packt site.

I'm a strong believer in jQuery Mobile. It takes an incredible simple, practical direction that I think will be incredibly powerful for developers. If you haven't taken the time to look at the framework, now is a perfect time to check it out.

Comment 1 by jD posted on 5/4/2012 at 6:19 PM

Raymond,

This is awesome congrats!...
It took very-very short time in get publish.

jD @ http://pragmatikroo.blogspo...

Comment 2 by RogerTheGeek posted on 5/4/2012 at 6:31 PM

I didn't see the link, then realized that Ghostery wipes JS widgets out. I'll look on Amazon. Usually, the blockers are really nice in eliminating stuff. It really made me realize how many pages depend on JS for a lot of functionality.

Comment 3 by Jaana Gilbert posted on 5/4/2012 at 7:52 PM

I tried to get it from the Packt site link. I selected the print + eBook and the price was suppose to be $39.95 or similar, but in the cart it was $50+. Needless to say I didn't purchase it from there. Until they get that fixed, I won't be buying it from them :)

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/4/2012 at 7:55 PM

Weird. Did you try their support form?

Comment 5 by Jaana Gilbert posted on 5/4/2012 at 7:59 PM

It's correct now. The 85% discount is showing on the eBook now. The total including shipping for $70 was a bit too much to swallow :) I'm placing the order for it now that the pricing is correct.

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/4/2012 at 8:05 PM

And as always... be critical. Be honest. I know both Andy and I wanted to make something that was useful,helpful, etc. If I have failed in that respect, I want to know.

Comment 7 by Jaana Gilbert posted on 5/4/2012 at 8:09 PM

No problem. I known to be painfully direct :D

Comment 8 by DH House posted on 5/5/2012 at 7:08 AM

Hi Ray,

Is this going to be released for Kindle?

Comment 9 by Jaana Gilbert posted on 5/5/2012 at 7:18 AM

@DH House
You can download the eBook to Kindle and other eBook readers.

Comment 10 by John Hofmann posted on 5/7/2012 at 2:44 AM

Nice book Ray and so far so good. I have always liked your writing stye. It is very personal and seems to be directed right at me. Thanks for all you do for the community.

Comment 11 by Mikel posted on 5/8/2012 at 5:36 PM

It is still showing as pre-order only :(

This title will be released on July 17, 2012

Oh well I'm ordering anyway!

Comment 12 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/8/2012 at 5:41 PM

Mikel, I heard from one of the folks at Pakt. They put in the change about 2 days ago, and supposedly it takes 4-5 days to process. So the right date should be there real soon now.

Comment 13 by Prad posted on 5/10/2012 at 5:00 AM

I had similar issues with Packt's promo system when they recently offered 3 ebooks for $19.99. Strangely! I was being overcharged and was also charged for delivery when I added a discounted offer to a month long Packtlib subscription on top of ebooks. Packt have been having problems with their cart system especially with discount coupons since they rolled out their new Drupal Site. I have had problems before and they have always refunded the excess. Though they have been slow with refund recently and I had to contact them twice, but they were responsive to my emails within 24 hours. So I guess we should not worry about Packt overcharging if you really want discounted books and happy to spend time (though annoying) emailing them the problem. They do care about their niche customers.

Comment 14 by Mikel posted on 5/26/2012 at 12:15 AM

Got my book today. It is so well written that I may task my 11 year old with working her way through it and learning something really worthwhile!

My evil secret is that I can then ask her to help me with projects :)

Comment 15 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/26/2012 at 12:16 AM

Wow, that's an incredible compliment. Thank you.