This post is more than 2 years old.
The second issue of Appliness has launched. Appliness is a free digital magazine available on Android and iOS (in stunning Retina graphics too). The May issue contains articles on...
- CSS Regions and CSS Exclusions, by Deepa Subramaniam
- Drag and drop with jQuery UI on mobile devices, by Michaël Chaize
- Using Backbone with jQuery Mobile, by Christophe Coenraets
- Crafting native looking iOS apps with HTML, by Christophe Coenraets
- Demo of Handlebars, by me
- Real-time data exchange in HTML5, by Ryan Stewart
- Swipe to delete items, by Michaël Chaize
- App-UI, a library by Andrew Trice
- HTML5 Multimedia components, by Ian Devlin
- Interview of Pamela Fox
- Colour Match, Cutest Paw, Bit Timer: showcase
- Which Element ? Pull quotes, comments
- PhoneGap and the File API
- WTFJS: False advertising
- Generate color palettes from HTML5 video
- CSS variables draft
I way to make special note of the "Generate color palettes from HTML5 video" article. This is not something that has been on my blog before. It's a brand new WebRTC demo I made that demonstrates generating color palettes from a live web-cam video feed. It's super hot. Really. OK, it's a bit silly. But it was fun as hell to write.