Server Downtime / ColdFusion 10 demos

So, I knew I was taking a risk when upgrading my server to the ColdFusion 10 beta, but, I went ahead and did it anyway. The bad news is that I seemed to have a found a bug with connectors and the server. The good news is that I found a bug. ;)

So that being said, the server is now back to ColdFusion 9, which means some of my earlier ColdFusion 10 demos are going to start throwing errors. Obviously you can still download them and play with them locally. I'm going to sign up for Hostek's free ColdFusion 10 hosting and use it for any future demos.

Sorry for the downtime folks!

Comment 1 by Jason Fisher posted on 2/26/2012 at 2:54 AM

Hey, Ray, kudos to you for the openness even after joining Adobe! No sarcasm here; I really do just want to commend you for owning your blog and continuing to provide honest, open information on what we can (and should) all be doing with our beloved ColdFusion. I've been using it since 1998 and it continues to rock out loud, but you bloggers who promote it to the world, to both old users and new, are the rockstars.

Thanks,
Jason

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/26/2012 at 3:10 AM

You're welcome. Can you tell my kids you think I'm a rockstar? ;)

Comment 3 by Jason Fisher posted on 2/26/2012 at 3:26 AM

Oh, man, that would be useful, wouldn't it? The older they get, the dorkier they think I am ;)

Comment 4 by Pete posted on 2/27/2012 at 4:31 PM

I play the drums and the guitar (just about), I have long hair and a beard and when my 2 year old sees Dave Grohl on TV she says "daddy" :D

I am not a rock star, but any rock-like qualities I have, are ignored entirely when I start talking about code to anybody other than another coder.

You cannot talk about writing/hosting/maintaining code without being a dork/nerd/geek... it's a requirement. Otherwise how else could we get excited by functions, variables, configuration files and http status codes?

Also brave step on switching to CF10 straight away... shame you had to switch back Ray.

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/27/2012 at 5:36 PM

Next time I won't uninstall 9. That will make rolling back a lot easier.

Comment 6 by Pete posted on 2/27/2012 at 6:02 PM

Could you have installed them side by side?
Have some pages server by 9 and some by 10?

I have Apache fronting everything so don't get how that would work.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/27/2012 at 6:06 PM

Possibly. My machine doesn't have a lot of RAM - only because I'm cheap. Edgeweb provides me a good server for free, I pay a bit more for a bit more RAM, but I'd feel more comfortable with even MORE ram if I wanted to run both.