Code+Slides from jQuery Mobile Presentation

For those of you at the mobile workshop in San Francisco today (or anyone, really), I've attached the PDF and code samples to this blog entry. Once the recording is posted, I'll add a comment below with that URL.

If you want another version of it - I'll point out my course at Udemy as another option.

If you attended my presentation today and have feedback, please leave me a comment, or use my contact form.

Download attached file.

Comment 1 by Steve Kemp posted on 1/24/2012 at 3:35 AM

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for posting your slides and demo code, it's been very helpful in getting started.

I'm building a login form and would like to add some client side validation so they have to enter the username/password before proceeding. Do you know if jQuery mobile includes any client side validation or should I use a regular jQuery plugin for that?

Thanks,
Steve

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 1/24/2012 at 3:55 AM

Nope, nothing built in. You probably don't need a jQuery Plugin if your validation needs are that simple though. (imo)

Comment 3 by Steve Kemp posted on 1/24/2012 at 6:18 AM

Thanks,

Just curious what approach you would take to form validation? I have a simple login form with username/password which are obviously mandatory and I would like the errors to appear in red text below the fields - can all this be done without a plugin?

I'm learning JavaScript as I go at the moment.

Thanks

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 1/24/2012 at 7:38 PM

Oh yeah, it could be done pretty easily "manually". Just use a form submit handler and check the two fields. Would you like me to whip you up a quick demo? It wouldn't be "mobile" per se, just a simple form.

Comment 5 by Steve Kemp posted on 1/25/2012 at 6:27 AM

Hi Raymond,

If you could whip up a quick demo that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 1/27/2012 at 9:21 PM
Comment 7 by Steve Kemp posted on 1/30/2012 at 2:36 AM

Thanks Ray for taking the time to write that blog post - I'm digesting it now.