Adobe TV Video - Debugging Tips for ColdFusion

I recorded this short video a while ago, but it's finally gone live. A quick look at some debugging tips for ColdFusion. Enjoy.

Comment 1 by Ryan Vikander posted on 11/11/2011 at 2:37 AM

I have to disagree with the Variable info not being helpful. You can see the variables in the available scope (form, url, etc) without having to dump the struct. It's handy to see what was passed to the page.

Comment 2 by Ryan Vikander posted on 11/11/2011 at 2:37 AM

*variable values

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/11/2011 at 2:42 AM

No, you're wrong. It can't be useful. Period.

(OK, maybe for _some_ people it is. ;)

Comment 4 by Johrgin posted on 11/11/2011 at 3:51 AM

I quite like the quality of the video and all of adobe's videos for that matter but feel its an unusual documentation of a lightweight knowledgebase really. Surprised you published it, but its important to say there are a lot of very effective videos on various topics posted by adobe and I applaud their efforts in that regard.

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/11/2011 at 4:01 AM

Um - did you just say this video is provides such little knowledge your surprised I published it?

Comment 6 by Stefan Richter posted on 11/11/2011 at 8:36 PM

Thanks Ray, great tutorial.
I'd like to request the next one to be on 'real' debugging ;-) You know, finding bugs rather than performance bottlenecks.

I've heard that CF has a line debugger... but I've never used it. I find myself debugging using cflog sometimes - horrible.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/11/2011 at 8:43 PM

I'll be honest - I use the heck out of cflog + Tail View. It's quick and easy. But I'll see about doing one for the CFB Line Debugger.