Mobile app show and tell on Friday

I tweeted/Google Plused this a bit yesterday, but I'll be demonstrating my new mobile application on Friday. To be clear, this isn't a big deal. It's an application that has a few interesting parts to it and I thought it would be cool to do a "Show and Tell" and talk about what I did, why I did it, and what problems I'm having. I'm a big fan of "Show and Tell" sessions so I may do this more often if this one goes off well. The meeting will be held this Friday at 2PM CST. The Connect URL is: http://experts.adobeconnect.com/cfjediopenroom.

The meeting may be recorded. I really don't know how well this is going to work nor how useful it will be to others. I just want to show some code. I hope to see you there!

Raymond is a developer advocate for HERE Technologies. He focuses on JavaScript, serverless and enterprise cat demos. If you like this article, please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist or donating via PayPal to show your support. You can even buy me a coffee!

Comment 1 by Mikel posted on 11/2/2011 at 5:15 PM

Sounds great! I'm sure that it will be very helpful as I've been trying to figure out the whole mobile app "thing" for a while now.

Thanks!

Comment 2 by Tom Mollerus posted on 11/2/2011 at 6:40 PM

Ray, can you tell us what platform you coded the app on (jQuery Mobile, Flash, etc.)? That would help me decide whether to watch the show-and-tell.

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/2/2011 at 6:47 PM

I used PhoneGap and xui.js. On the back end I used ColdFusion 9 and ORM.

Comment 4 by Connor Middleton posted on 11/4/2011 at 5:41 PM

Hey Ray, what prompted you to use xui instead of say jQuery?

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/4/2011 at 5:41 PM

Trying something new and a bit more lightweight. It doesn't have all the backwards compat stuff jQuery has (ie, no need to worry about, well, ie ;)

Comment 6 by Jason posted on 11/4/2011 at 7:05 PM

Ah, I really hope that you can find a way to record this session. I sadly will be travelling to a soccer tournament (dang kids!! joking) so I won't be able to watch live.

I will check back this evening to see what transpired.

Thanks for doing this. The community needs more of this sort of 'real life' experience.

Comment 7 by John Luke Mills posted on 11/4/2011 at 7:20 PM

Is today's connect presentation at 2PM Daylight or Standard Central time.

Comment 8 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/4/2011 at 7:33 PM

Jason - I don't think recording will be a problem. I just don't know how well this is going to come off in general.

John - Um... I don't know. ;) Right now it is 10:34 AM. So 3.5 hours from now.

Comment 9 by Henry posted on 11/4/2011 at 11:00 PM

Is userid and pw required

Comment 10 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/5/2011 at 12:17 AM