Galleon Forums 2.5.0

Today I released version 2.5.0 of Galleon Forums. This update has a few bug fixes but also includes two new (and cool I think) features:

• You can now one click delete from emails. When using the sendonpost setting, an administrator always get a copy of new posts whether they are subscribed or not. In that email is a link that when clicked will automatically delete the message (and the thread if empty) and the user. You don't need to logon - just click and nuke.
  • You can now specify a rank value for forums to override the default alpha sort behavior.

As always - Galleon is 100% free (but wishlist supported ;) for any use whatsoever.

Comment 1 by Jerry Carnes posted on 1/20/2012 at 2:40 AM

Hi Ray,

I was wondering if you ever had a need to convert the Galleon Forum code into a fusebox framework?

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 1/20/2012 at 2:43 AM

Nope.

Comment 3 by Marc posted on 6/12/2013 at 5:40 PM

Hi Ray,

I just installed Galleon very clean installation guide, thanks for that.
When i run the first admin login page i type admin twice but i only get an error message saying :

Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Incorrect syntax near '`'.

(I run CF10 and MSQLserver 2008)

Thanks for help,

Regards

Marc

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/12/2013 at 5:44 PM

Hmm. Did you set the dbtype config setting?

Comment 5 by Marc posted on 6/12/2013 at 5:45 PM

Shame on me Ray :-)
I just saw in an earlier message from you that cache is used and i have to put a ?reinit=1 after first url connection ... it works !

Thanks again

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/12/2013 at 5:50 PM

I'll send you a bill. At 150 an hour, I spent 10 seconds responding. You owe me a quarter. ;)