This post is more than 2 years old.
I'm a bit late on this, but Labs has an update for the Adobe AIR 3 Beta. Some interesting new features in this update are...
- Stage Video Hardware Acceleration (AIR for mobile)
- Captive Runtime Support (AIR for desktop and Android)
- iOS Background Audio Playback Support
- Android Licensing Service Support
- Android Front-facing Camera Support
- Encrypted Local Storage for Mobile
- H.264/AVC Software Encoding for Cameras (desktop)
See the labs site for more details, but I want to especially call out the captive runtime item. What this means - practically - is that your apps can ship with the AIR runtime in it. No need for a separate download.