Slides, code, and recording from my Flex Mobile/ColdFusion presentation

Embedded below you will find my slide, code, and recording url from my presentation last night. Enjoy. Note that the recording URL will require you to have an Adobe.com login (if you don't have one already - it's free, open to all, etc).

Comment 1 by Alex posted on 6/24/2011 at 3:20 PM

Ray, many compliments! Fantastic presentation!

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/24/2011 at 3:26 PM

Thank you. I was more than a little bit nervous to be honest. My first time as an (announced) Adobe Evangelist. :)

Comment 3 by Alex posted on 6/24/2011 at 3:51 PM

Simple source presentation will be online?

Comment 4 by Olivier Bridgeman posted on 6/24/2011 at 3:52 PM

I see the slides but is there a link to hear a recording of the presentation?

Comment 5 by Alex posted on 6/24/2011 at 3:59 PM

@Olivier you can find recording here http://www.adobe.com/cfusio... (Adobe account needed)

Comment 6 by Todd Rafferty posted on 6/24/2011 at 5:02 PM

Ray, thanks for the presentation. My only complaints would be less 'duh' and Charlie Sheen-ism. :) Other than that, it was a pretty good intro to Flex. I haven't touched it yet, so this was a pretty good primer for me.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/24/2011 at 5:20 PM

@Alex and @Olivier - both are available in the embed. Use the menu in the embed. One links to the attachment - one to the recording url.

@Todd: Thanks - yeah - I did overdo it on the Charlie Sheen-isms. ;)

Comment 8 by Art posted on 6/24/2011 at 10:59 PM

Thanks for a great presentation and congratulations on your move to Adobe - you've been one of their best evangelists for years now.

I downloaded the code from the presentation but am particularly interested in the camera demo. Would it be possible to make the camdemo fxp available so that I can see how the whole thing works? Thanks!

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/24/2011 at 11:02 PM

Did I forget to include the FXP? If so - sorry. I'm not by my laptop now - I'll shoot it up later today. To be honest though, all I did was take this blog post:

and change the url. I know the CFM code is in the zip for sure.

Comment 10 by Art posted on 6/24/2011 at 11:10 PM

Thanks, the cfm is indeed there. It would be helpful for me to see how you called it. Would this work as well if it were a cfc instead?

Comment 11 by Tyler posted on 6/24/2011 at 11:14 PM

Do you have a link to the Terry Ryan syncing support presentation mentioned on slide 23? (I asked google, but apparently there are a ton of Terry Ryans on the internet.)

Comment 12 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/24/2011 at 11:35 PM

@Art: That's the thing - all I did was change the URL in Matt's blog entry. :) Or am I not understanding your question?

@Tyler: Warning - I was going by on memory for what he covered - could be wrong: http://www.terrenceryan.com...

Comment 13 by Art Holland posted on 6/28/2011 at 7:21 PM

Myself and another gentleman, Jason, have both encountered a problem with the camera code from Matt Smith that you used in your camera demo (of course the problem could be in AIR). Everything works fine on Android but on iOS the image upload fails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment 14 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/28/2011 at 7:23 PM

Have you tried commenting on his blog? Unfortunately I don't have an iOS device. I _will_ by Friday but will need my dev program, etc, etc. Basically I won't be up to "play" with the iOS side for a week or so.

Comment 15 by Art Holland posted on 6/28/2011 at 7:33 PM

I did mention it on Matt's blog. He had already responded to Jason that he had not tested on iOS and expressed a little surprise at AIR's lack of crossplatformyness.

Comment 16 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/28/2011 at 7:35 PM

Ok - I promise I'll dig on this - but if you can remind me in about a week or so I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment 17 by Art Holland posted on 6/28/2011 at 7:47 PM

My pleasure on the reminder and thanks for your help!
FWIW, Flex dev for Android so far is quite pleasant and iOS, not so much (certmania, cost, no device debugging, iTunes and the general hassle for non-Mac devs).

Comment 18 by Art Holland posted on 7/2/2011 at 12:32 AM

Ray, I think this article from Christian Cantrell gets to the heart of the problem as to why iOS is failing to upload the image:

I'm not sure what I need to do to the MediaPromise to get it back into a file for CF.

Thanks for your help!

Comment 19 by Raymond Camden posted on 7/2/2011 at 1:48 AM

My iPad2 arrives tomorrow. So I'll be able to test soon. Although I'm not working this weekend. :) (But to be honest, I don't consider this work.)

Comment 20 by Art Holland posted on 7/2/2011 at 2:22 AM

Thanks! Enjoy the holiday!

(with the perfect 4th of July app for your new iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/us/... ;)