Updates to Flash Builder for iOS and Blackberry

Just a quick note to let folks know Adobe has updated Flash Builder 4.5 today to add support for iOS and Blackberry Playbook. This means you can now easily push out one project to all three platforms - even on a Windows device. (I did this myself.) For more details, check out these two blog posts:

Build Mobile Apps for Android Devices, BlackBerry PlayBook, iPhone and iPad Today!

FINALLY – it's here – Flex on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry PlayBook

I'm going to have an iPad pretty soon and once I can - I'll report on how well the process works.

As a reminder - I'll be talking about Flash Builder and ColdFusion this week - Thursday at 5PM. You can sign up for free here.

Comment 1 by Chris posted on 6/20/2011 at 4:03 PM

Do you have every device available to man? :)

Comment 2 by Micah Brown posted on 6/20/2011 at 5:09 PM

not yet but it sounds like he's pretty damn close!

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/20/2011 at 5:14 PM

Heh - I've been lucky. I bought my Xoom - but it's a tax write off. I have 2 playbooks (one is for sale btw) for free because I wrote an app (and got a special invite for the other). The iPad2 will be because of... oh wait - I can't say yet. Sorry. ;)

Comment 4 by Chris posted on 6/20/2011 at 5:18 PM

I like free stuff :)

Comment 5 by Micah Brown posted on 6/20/2011 at 6:00 PM

I was having a time finding the link for the Flash Builder 4.5.1 update. In case anyone else is it's http://www.adobe.com/cfusio...

Comment 6 by Chris posted on 6/20/2011 at 6:32 PM

How much you looking to get for the playbook? Do you have to have blackberry service for it to work?

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/20/2011 at 6:34 PM

425 + cost of shipping (or best offer). You do not need BB service to make it work. I don't and mine works fine. Now if you have a BB device you get "more" power out of it - but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.