jQuery Blog Aggregator - jQueryBloggers.com

I've been hinting at this the last few days but was waiting to fix a few kinks before "officially" releasing it. If you are a jQuery user (and who isn't, eh? ;) then you may want to bookmark/subscribe/etc to jQueryBloggers, a new implementation of my ColdFusionBloggers code based focused on jQuery blogs. Right now the feed list is a bit short. I almost doubled the count with help from Brian Swartzfager this morning, but I'm truly surprised how hard it is to find active jQuery blogs. Even more surprising is that I had to skip a few blogs that did not have a category specific RSS feed. Considering how easy it is to set that up, I'm surprised more blogging engines don't support it.

Anyway - for now - enjoy. Don't forget you can register and get a daily email of all entries, top entries, or even monitor particular keywords, so if you were specifically interested in mobile and jQuery, just monitor the "mobile" keyword.

Comment 1 by James Edmunds posted on 3/20/2011 at 10:58 PM

This is great, thanks!

Comment 2 by Peter Boughton posted on 3/20/2011 at 11:56 PM

The FAQ page needs updating - the "What blogs do you aggregate?" answer refers to ColdFusion blogs at MXNA.

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/21/2011 at 12:09 AM

@Peter: Thanks - fixed.

Comment 4 by Troy posted on 3/21/2011 at 4:54 PM

Thanks for putting this together, Raymond. Also, thanks for being one of the few site producers that always accepts gmail addresses with a plus (+) sign in them. It amazes me how many sites have "error checking" that thinks a plus sign is invalid in email addresses.

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/21/2011 at 5:22 PM

I can't take credit for that. Someone - a while ago - mentioned it to me and I updated BlogCFC core code with it.

Comment 6 by Troy posted on 3/21/2011 at 5:30 PM

Well even if it was not your idea, you still implemented it. The strange thing is that there are several "special characters" that are valid in an email address according to the different protocol specs, yet error checking code routinely disallows them.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/21/2011 at 5:31 PM

Well, then I'll accept your thanks. ;)

Comment 8 by Phillip Senn posted on 3/21/2011 at 6:25 PM

Thanks Raymond!
The two checkboxes Subscribe to daily email and Subscribe to daily email (top 10 entries) should be radio buttons, if I'm reading them correctly.

Comment 9 by Sam Farmer posted on 3/21/2011 at 6:26 PM

Awesome. Added to my aggregators to visit.

Comment 10 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/21/2011 at 6:28 PM

@Phillip: Nope, you can subscribe to both. Kinda silly to, but you can. I do for CFB.

Comment 11 by Simon Baynes posted on 4/1/2011 at 12:19 PM

Do you put this out on Twitter like CFBloggers?

Comment 12 by Raymond Camden posted on 4/1/2011 at 2:13 PM

Yep, the account is jquerybloggers.