ColdFusion 9 Certification announced

Ok, so I know I said I'd never talk about certification again - but - with some distance between now and the "history" I've had with certification, I figure I can give it another shot. Also, I figure folks may want to know. So if you are interested in getting certified for ColdFusion 9, you can now do so. The ADC Blog has the details here: ColdFusion 9 certification exam now available

You can also take a look at the prep guide (PDF) which includes a few sample questions.

Comment 1 by Randy Johnson posted on 11/5/2010 at 10:41 PM

Do you mean you are going to try and get CF9 certified or are you just going to try and talk about it again? :-)

Comment 2 by Kevin Benore posted on 11/5/2010 at 10:52 PM

You didn't exactly say your opinion has changed either. I'd better interested to hear if it has.

Comment 3 by Craig M. Rosenblum posted on 11/6/2010 at 12:25 AM

Is cf8 certifications still available, or is there no point to that? even if we've not yet worked with cf9 yet.

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/6/2010 at 12:30 AM

@Craig: I'm withholding judgement for now. I reviewed the test when it was in development. What I'm curious about is what, if any, actions were taken on the reviews. (Multiple people reviewed the test.)

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/6/2010 at 12:32 AM

My last comment was for Kevin, sorry Craig.

@Craig: No idea - but I wouldn't spend money on a 8 cert now.

Comment 6 by Jason posted on 1/28/2011 at 1:12 AM

Ray - any thoughts on the CF9 exam now that it's been out for a few months? I haven't heard any buzz about it. TIA.

-Jason

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 1/28/2011 at 1:40 AM

Funny should ask that. I've yet to take the test myself. I asked this morning on a private list if anyone has had a chance to. So far one person wrote back and said they thought the test was an improvement over last rev. There didn't' seem to be any weird/incorrect questions.

Comment 8 by Jason posted on 1/28/2011 at 1:49 AM

Thanks for responding. This would be my first CF certification. How do you plan on studying for it? I was planning on just plowing through the CFML Reference.

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 1/28/2011 at 1:56 AM

Hmmm. The last time I took it I had seen the questions before hand so it really wasn't fair. ;) I'd just read the docs. I know that sounds obvious, but i would. You can't memorize everything of course, but a good review of the CFML Reference would be a start.

Comment 10 by Dorin M. posted on 2/12/2011 at 3:57 PM

Hi Ray,
I scheduled my CF9 Certification Exam in 3 days from now. I will come back and share the impressions.
One question (since it's my first CF exam): for the questions where you have to select more than a correct answer, do they tell in advance that you have to pick more than one answer? Or you have to figure it out by yourself?

Comment 11 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/12/2011 at 7:12 PM

I'm pretty darn sure they are always clear on stuff like that.

Comment 12 by Dorin M. posted on 2/16/2011 at 2:35 AM

As promised, coming back with impressions about the CF 9 exam I took today.

First - I passed - with a score of 86%. Which is good, but I feel like I could do better (for example - I missed one simple question because I failed to remember the attributes of <cfmodule> tag - not so frequent in my code).

Second - the questions were moderate as difficulty and straightforward; however, I feel like there were too many questions related to <cfscript>. I am sure I failed at least 2 simple questions because I am not using <cfscript>.

I spent more than 2 months preparing for this exam and I am using CF 9 on a daily basis at work for more than 3 years.

Comment 13 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/16/2011 at 3:28 AM

Dorin - thanks for posting this.

Comment 14 by Ipee posted on 7/18/2011 at 11:55 AM

Hi All,
Can anyone provide the sample questions?

Comment 15 by Tayyab posted on 9/21/2011 at 2:41 AM

Where can I get the Coldfusion 9 developers guide in PDF

Comment 16 by Raymond Camden posted on 9/21/2011 at 5:03 AM

I've got links to the CF docs here:

Comment 17 by Meenakshi posted on 2/17/2012 at 2:19 PM

I passed the Coldfusion 9 certification exam with 72% marks. Should have done better, but I did not really get down to preparing for the exam. I had hoped that my experience with working on Coldfusion 9 would help me do pretty well. The exam is not very tough but not easy either. Simply going through the docs wouldn't be of much help, one needs to have some sort of experience of developing apps in CF.