BlogCFC 5.9.7 Released

So I normally post my BlogCFC related stuff to it's own blog, but I'm just too darn excited about this release to keep it there. I'll be posting this entry there as well so folks who subscribe to both - please forgive me. This is a huge release of the blogware and has some awesome new features that I'm extremely proud of. Of course - there were all submitted by the community of BlogCFC Users so thanks go to them. So what's new?

First off, Dave Ferguson contributed a mobile version of BlogCFC. You can see it now it you hit my blog with a mobile device. It makes use of the jqTouch framework and I think it works pretty darn nice.

Next, Jason Delmore updated the look of the admin. While the functionality isn't changed (except for some usability tweaks Jason added on the settings page), it just looks a heck of a lot nicer and gives the blog a newer feel I think.

Speaking of Jason, he also updated the email templates BlogCFC sends out to subscribers. It uses HTML now and includes the gravatar pictures. I currently use Gist for GMail and it's amazing how much a picture (shoot, even a generic picture) adds to an email.

Lastly - Rob Brooks-Bilson took a stab at updating some of the "Monster" CFC that is at the core of BlogCFC. He helped clean it up and added a new pod as well.

You can can screen shots of this now over at RIAForge and can download the bits now. Enjoy!

(Oh, and I've got plans for 5.9.8 already!)

Comment 1 by ppshein posted on 10/15/2010 at 9:35 AM

Can I migrate MangoBlog to BlogCFC? If say "Yap", where can I find information for that?

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/15/2010 at 4:23 PM

You can, but it involves migrating the DB manually. You may want to check this entry: http://nil.checksite.co.uk/... and see if it helps.

Comment 3 by ppshein posted on 10/19/2010 at 7:57 AM

BlogCFC can support Railo? Because, my blog is based on Railo hosting.

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/19/2010 at 3:53 PM

It should be 100% CF7 compat, so as long as Railo is, it isn't a problem.

Comment 5 by Joe Brislin posted on 10/22/2010 at 1:02 AM

Thought you might want to know that the mobile version of your blog does not work on the Blackberry browser. Whenever you click on a blog post link, the browser opens the blog post for a brief second and then closes and returns you to the home screen.

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/22/2010 at 1:04 AM

Yeah, this is the third report I've gotten. I'm going to remove the BB from the list of browsers "auto pushed" to mobile.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/22/2010 at 1:29 AM

Joe, I've pushed the change here. If you can confirm it works for you (and by works I mean you won't get the mobile version), then I can push it over to BlogCFC mainline.

Comment 8 by ppshein posted on 10/22/2010 at 6:00 AM

@Ray,

Mobile version doesn't work when I access http://www.ppshein.net/Blog... with my iPhone.

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/22/2010 at 7:24 AM

Can you please describe how it doesn't work?

Comment 10 by ppshein posted on 10/23/2010 at 4:33 AM

When I access with iPhone's Safari, normal browser version come out instead of Mobile version.

Comment 11 by ppshein posted on 10/23/2010 at 1:05 PM

Hi,

I've finally migrated to blogCFC and mobile version is fine now. Thanks.

Comment 12 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/23/2010 at 5:05 PM

Woot. As an FYI, there are 2 bugs:

1) It pushes Blackberry to mobile and the BB doesn't like the mobile. Next update will change this.

2) If a blog entry has a download, you can't see it from mobile.

Comment 13 by Joe Brislin posted on 10/25/2010 at 5:08 PM

Ray,
Sorry the comments were getting sent to my spam folder so I just saw this. I tried it on my BB again and it was still pushing it to the mobile site. I cleared my browser cache to make sure it wasn't that but still got sent to the mobile version. Let me know if there is anything else you need me to try.

Comment 14 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/27/2010 at 11:11 AM

Can you tell me what your user agent string is?

Comment 15 by Joe Brislin posted on 10/27/2010 at 7:02 PM

BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Comment 16 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/1/2010 at 6:02 PM

Please try again. The issue was MIDP in your UA string. I now have code that says if you find blackberry at all, deny.