Video demo of GoogleGeocode

A few weeks ago one of my readers, Dave Dugdale, volunteered to make an introductory video to my Google Geocode CFC. I thought this was a great idea so I told him to be my guest. However, another user recently released a more update to date Geocode CFC for Google's latest API. Monte Chan's CFC, available here at RIAForge, makes use of the latest version of the API. So I decided to take down my project and direct people to Chan's. Dave still worked up a demo and I think it is pretty darn awesome. Check it out via the embed below.

GeoCode Addresses Into Latitude and Longitude Coordinates from Dave Dugdale on Vimeo.

If you want to go to the demo here created online, visit here: http://www.rentvine.com/misc/geocoding.cfm

Thanks Dave!

Comment 1 by Dave Dugdale posted on 3/20/2010 at 10:50 PM

Ray, I'm glad you liked the video. I had a fun time making it for you since you have helped me out soooo much over the past 6 years. Your book with Ben Forta has literally changed my life since I work for myself now.

Comment 2 by Dan Vega posted on 3/21/2010 at 2:21 AM

Really Awesome Video Dave!

Comment 3 by Monte Chan posted on 3/21/2010 at 3:14 AM

Thank you very much for making the video. I like it very much.

Comment 4 by Dave Dugdale posted on 3/21/2010 at 3:34 AM

Monte,

I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for updating the CFC to work with the v.3 Google API.

Comment 5 by Gary F posted on 3/21/2010 at 3:37 PM

Dave, excellent video, really good presentation. Can I ask what software you used to do the keying and compositing?

Comment 6 by Dave Dugdale posted on 3/21/2010 at 4:57 PM

@Gary,

Since I am on a PC I use Sony Vegas for all my editing and keying. If you want to see a video on how I make those videos you can find it here on my personal blog.

Dave

Comment 7 by Gary F posted on 3/21/2010 at 6:22 PM

@Dave, thanks! I love your home made kit, it works so well. Not sure I'd have the patience to make my own barn doors from scratch! Have you shot part II yet - editing? I was thinking of trying the Movie Studio Platinum version of Vegas because I'm fed up with Pinnacle Studio crashing so often. (I'm off topic now, sorry!)

Comment 8 by Dave Dugdale posted on 3/21/2010 at 7:35 PM

(Sorry Ray for being off topic) @Gary, that is the version I started with a few years ago since it was so inexpensive, and then moved up to the pro version when I needed more tracks. Perhaps I should shoot part 2 today - I have been meaning to do that for sometime now.

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/21/2010 at 7:43 PM

I don't mind the conversation at all. Keep it up.

Comment 10 by Ben Nadel posted on 3/25/2010 at 9:12 PM

Dangy! Dave creates some super professional videos. Very cool.