Looking For: Writing ColdFusion in Visual Studio

A reader asked me this morning about plugins/extensions/etc for doing ColdFusion development in Microsoft's Visual Studio. He was able to find Flex support (Amethyst and Tofino) and is hoping something may exist for ColdFusion. Anyone have a suggestion?

Comment 1 by Pritesh posted on 11/17/2009 at 11:37 PM

I don't think such plugin available. I really love to this feature as sometime I need to work with .net and coldfusion projects.

Comment 2 by Justin Dunham posted on 11/18/2009 at 9:20 PM

I have been looking for the same thing, dreamweaver has screwed me too many times. And it would be nice to always have the same IDE open.

Comment 3 by Steve Caldwell posted on 11/20/2009 at 8:40 PM

If the reader is just looking to edit vb and .net and ColdFusion in the same IDE, they may a CFBuilder implementation with vb/asp plugins if they are out there. This looks like a good eclipse plugin that supports coloring for the languages that VS handles.

Comment 4 by Graham Collins posted on 1/10/2012 at 8:04 PM

It has been a couple of years since this post. Did you ever find a plugin?

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 1/10/2012 at 8:09 PM

Nope. But I wasn't looking. ;)

Comment 6 by Dave posted on 1/10/2012 at 10:14 PM

Check out IntelliJ IDEA. The free version doesn't have CFML support (because ACF isn't free, they say), but the paid version does, and it's awesome! Has warts, like everything, but it's the most enjoyable and productive IDE I've used, ever, and it supports a whole bunch of languages. Try it!

Comment 7 by Slop posted on 7/31/2014 at 3:18 AM

still looking for this... smh

Comment 8 by dawesi posted on 12/5/2015 at 12:38 PM

Anything would be better than the worse than bad ide they call Coldfusion builder. if they dropped it and added language support back into dreamweaver it would be better.

I guess it takes Microsoft or a 3rd party to bring Adobe's products to be useful. They are just good at trying to kill amazing products, flash, coldfusion, air... where will they stop destroying their company...

The USA has so many guns, but no-one's ever taken out Adobe management... #irony

Comment 9 (In reply to #8) by Raymond Camden posted on 12/5/2015 at 12:59 PM

Your comment about guns is so incredibly inappropriate I do not know what to say. You are basically saying someone should kill people. That is *absolutely* not something I want to see on this blog ever again. Do not threaten people via my blog, no matter how strongly you feel about ColdFusion or Adobe.

Comment 10 by markdrew74 posted on 3/14/2016 at 11:33 AM

Found one : https://marketplace.visuals...

Will start using it and let you know.

Comment 11 (In reply to #10) by Raymond Camden posted on 3/14/2016 at 1:16 PM

You should clarify - this is for Visual Studio *Code*. That makes me happy - but just making sure people know before they click. :)

Comment 12 (In reply to #11) by markdrew74 posted on 3/14/2016 at 1:52 PM

Oh man, I just checked the date on this :D

Comment 13 (In reply to #10) by Michael Clark (invertedspear) posted on 4/22/2016 at 6:00 PM

Thank you for sharing despite this thread being old enough to be in grade school. I probably wouldn't have found otherwise since this thread is still on top of search results for "CFML for Visual Studio"