From the Obvious Department: Read the Release Notes

So I know that everyone knows this, but have you read the release notes for ColdFusion 9 yet? You can find them here:

I mention this because, while reading it, I found not one, but three issues that either myself, my friends, or my readers, have recently had issues with and they were all known bugs.

Please give it a quick read.

Comment 1 by Patrick posted on 10/20/2009 at 9:48 PM

Thx for the broad hint ;) #79685

Comment 2 by JC posted on 10/23/2009 at 5:26 PM

I feel deservedly reprimanded. ;-)

Comment 3 by Michael Kane posted on 8/9/2010 at 9:11 PM

I did read the release notes before installing CF 9. I did not see anything about cfcharts, or the need to save an empty cfgraphdata.cfm in the cfide folder. When our cfcharts stopped working, I searched, and found the solution at codecurry.com. Adobe? A mention in the CF 9 lockdown guide, nothing else.

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 8/9/2010 at 9:41 PM

Release notes don't cover everything. Not sure I quite get your point here though?

Comment 5 by Michael Kane posted on 8/9/2010 at 10:03 PM

My point was two-fold: that (as you point out) release notes don't cover anything, so even careful reading of them doesn't always help. And more importantly, to help if someone found your blog post while searching for the cfchart problem. That's how I came across the post. And I guess I also sniped a bit at Adobe...

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 8/9/2010 at 10:05 PM