Intro to jQuery Presentation

Here is the SlideSix version of my presentation. From this embed you can go to the recorded version and get the code to download as well. Enjoy. I'll be giving a much shorter version of this at CFUNITED.

Comment 1 by Paul Kukiel posted on 7/15/2009 at 6:22 PM

Thanks for this Ray. I was there last night and everyone at the CT usergroup was really impressed. jQuery really makes ajax and animations easy. The easy at which we can start using jQuery with ColdFusion is very impressive.

Comment 2 by Lola LB posted on 7/15/2009 at 6:33 PM

Thanks! I'm going to be reviewing this . . . this is going to be very helpful for me, indeed.

Comment 3 by Alex posted on 7/16/2009 at 2:08 AM

Gracias!

Comment 4 by Jose Galdamez posted on 7/18/2009 at 3:58 AM

jQuery's some good stuff! I was at the Saturday session of your presentation on CF 8 Ajax. Just when I was about to start using it on some projects, I found out our department's file server doesn't allow the ColdFusion server access to all the necessary CF 8 JavaScript files. Bummer! jQuery makes for a nice replacement cause it's lightweight to download and just so powerful. Keep up the good work, Ray.

Comment 5 by Lorenzo posted on 8/12/2009 at 12:40 AM

And what about Spry JS Framework? Have you tried it? Can you compared to jQuery? Thanks.

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 8/12/2009 at 1:03 AM

I used Spry before I switched to jQuery. I have a _lot_ of respect for Spry. For those who are new to JavaScript, or perhaps have no experience, Spry is a MUCH easier framework to get into. I also think it handles "Get data/display data" the best out of all the frameworks I've seen.

That being said - as I got more experience and felt more comfortable with jQuery, I found it to be a better framework for my development.