ColdFusion 9 Videos

With the release of ColdFusion 9, Adobe also produced some ColdFusion 9 specific videos. By Adobe I mean Ben and I. ;) You can find these videos at Labs: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusion9/videos/

This was my first time working in front of a green screen, and it was pretty cool actually.

Everything you see behind me there is 100% virtual. I know green screen tech isn't new, but it's still kinda cool to see it in action!

I've attached a zip to this blog entry that contains all the code I used when working with the videos. Some of the VFS files won't work as they require a database, but I think it will give you enough of an idea as to what is going on.

Download attached file.

Comment 1 by Lola LB posted on 7/14/2009 at 8:29 PM

Anyone having problems with Forta's ColdFusion Builder Feature Tour? it stops just as Forta is getting started and never resumes play. To whom should I address this bug?

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 7/14/2009 at 8:31 PM

No idea, but I'll send an email. I know Forta is traveling so he may not be able to help.

Comment 3 by Mark W. Breneman posted on 7/14/2009 at 8:43 PM

Yeah, I am seeing the same issue. About 30 seconds into the CFB Feature Tour the video stops... everytime.

Comment 4 by Mark W. Breneman posted on 7/14/2009 at 8:44 PM

Comment 5 by Jeff Price posted on 7/14/2009 at 9:08 PM

Watching your CFMap video....

You live at the Airport? That is so awesome!

Comment 6 by Phillip Senn posted on 7/14/2009 at 9:19 PM

First go to:

If you are developing locally, you can just use your IP address. Go here to get your true IP:

Then go to cfide/admin server settings, settings.

Comment 7 by Scott P posted on 7/14/2009 at 9:56 PM

I want the raw video with the green screen still in - any chance of that happening?

Comment 8 by Todd Rafferty posted on 7/14/2009 at 10:08 PM

"Everything you see behind me there is 100% virtual." - You just had to ruin the magic, didn't you?

Comment 9 by Phillip Senn posted on 7/14/2009 at 11:19 PM

I thought you were in Wolfenstein.

Comment 10 by Raymond Camden posted on 7/14/2009 at 11:50 PM

@Jeff - No, I don't live at an airport, but it would be cool. ;)

Comment 11 by Phillip Senn posted on 7/14/2009 at 11:54 PM

I'm curious about the decision for you and Ben to wear T-shirts.

Comment 12 by Raymond Camden posted on 7/14/2009 at 11:58 PM

Curious why?

Comment 13 by Steve Caldwell posted on 7/15/2009 at 12:08 AM

@Phillip should they have worn suits?

Ray you and Ben need a show on G4.

Comment 14 by Phillip Senn posted on 7/15/2009 at 1:23 AM

Because T-shirts aren't for presentations.
Now you put Forta in that lobster outfit again, and you got something there.

Comment 15 by Raymond Camden posted on 7/15/2009 at 1:25 AM

I give _every_ presentation in a tee shirt. Shorts too - although a lot of conferences are cold so I wear jeans.

For this preso I'm doing on jQuery over Connect, I'll be naked actually.

Comment 16 by Lola LB posted on 7/15/2009 at 1:31 AM

My eyes! My eyes! ;-)

Comment 17 by Dale Fraser posted on 7/15/2009 at 11:41 AM

Thanks for the videos,

I have to question why they were recorded in a format that makes it hard to impossible to read the text.

I'm hoping these might get reproduced from the original with better quality.

There is widely avaialble software that does pixel perfect captures like this

Comment 18 by Raymond Camden posted on 7/15/2009 at 3:42 PM

Dale - no idea - but do note I attached the code to this entry. You could look at the cod there.