Quick ColdFusion Builder Extension Demo

I thought Brian Rinaldi did a great job previewing his Bolt plugin a few days ago so I thought I'd do the same. Below is a video demonstrating the RIAForge Downloader ColdFusion Builder extension. It's a bit rushed, but I think the capabilities of CFB are really exciting, and the video shows you just one example of that. Enjoy. (Click the graphic to go the movie.)

Comment 1 by sam Farmer posted on 6/20/2009 at 12:41 AM

Very cool.

Pretty soon we'll be able to install an extension that installs an extension that records what we say, converts it to text and generates a cfm file.

Comment 2 by Dan Vega posted on 6/26/2009 at 9:18 PM

@Sam - I could actually have some use for that. Will you ping me when you get that done? :) Ha!

Comment 3 by sam Farmer posted on 6/26/2009 at 9:29 PM

@Dan: Heh. Well now that there is this nice extension builder that should help... ;)

Comment 4 by dan fredericks posted on 10/27/2009 at 6:47 PM

Ray,
any help on insalling an extension to use on a remote server? I created a project folder on my remote server. Now i want to install extensions to work on that remote server. add adobe cfc generator, or riaforge downloader, select my remote server web root, and select a folder on that server to store the install for those 2 extensions. When I restart my cfBuilder, and try to use riaforge downloader, it can't find the files and give me an error. For the cfc creator, when I type in a location to store it, either on my local c drive, or my mapped drive to the local server, I get an error.
I don't understand why I can't use the extensions?
thanks
dan

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/27/2009 at 8:07 PM

I've only used extensions on a local server. Sorry.

Comment 6 by dan fredericks posted on 10/27/2009 at 8:10 PM

Darn,
I had a feeling that was the case, but thought i'd check...if anyone else knows, please let me know.
Ray,
I also posted at riaforge with a potential bug, if it is not a bug, just let me know.
thanks
dan

Comment 7 by Alan Smith posted on 3/4/2011 at 3:42 AM

I am a technical recruiter with a great opportunity for a Cold Fusion Developer with some Java experience. This is a great opportunity for direct hire position that will help the team upgrade to 9.0. Mostly new work, little to maintain. Fully benefited, fitness, signing bonus. If Interested please contact me at asmith@clientresourcesinc.com