Foundeo releases ColdFusion Web Application Firewall

Got an email a few minutes ago from Foundeo announcing their new firewall product written completely in ColdFusion. Stealing a bit from their email to me, features include:

• Cross Site Scripting / XSS
  • SQL Injection
  • Session Hijacking
  • Cross Site Request Forgery
  • CRLF Injection
  • Path Traversal Attacks
  • Password Dictionary Attacks
  • Extensible CFC API for writing your own Filters and Loggers
  • Configure it in a language you already know - CFML!
  • Runs on most shared hosting accounts
  • Runs and Tested on ColdFusion 6.1+, OpenBD 1+, Railo 3+

Seems pretty impressive. I haven't used it myself, but if anyone wants to review it in the comments below, I'd love to hear more.

Comment 1 by Pete Freitag posted on 4/2/2009 at 9:34 PM

Thanks for posting this Ray. I will be happy to answer any questions that anyone has.

Comment 2 by Amy posted on 4/2/2009 at 9:39 PM

Perhaps a bit more description on features. I see some that are above and beyond http://portcullis.riaforge.... however more detail would be helpful.

Comment 3 by Pete Freitag posted on 4/2/2009 at 9:44 PM

@Amy I am working on getting more descriptive content on the web site. I will post a comment when I have that ready. In the mean time you can download the evaluation copy which includes more documentation. Thanks

Comment 4 by Chris Amaro posted on 4/3/2009 at 12:10 AM

Looks awesome. Can't wait to try it.

Comment 5 by Jeremy Prevost posted on 4/3/2009 at 2:04 AM

@Amy: Yeah, I was thinking Portcullis myself when I read the description the other day.

Comment 6 by DanaK posted on 4/4/2009 at 7:41 PM

Pete,
Was there any thought given to an unencrypted version of the product within certain constraints? I completely understand why it is the way it is, just given the nature of our work we could never even try it out in production.

Comment 7 by Pete Freitag posted on 4/4/2009 at 7:43 PM

@Dana only the trail version is encrypted, the regular versions are not encrypted.

Comment 8 by DanaK posted on 4/6/2009 at 8:43 PM

good to know, thanks Pete!