Ready2Run Open BlueDragon and Web Services

I was testing some simple web services code and needed to try it under Open BlueDragon. I was very happy to see a 'Ready2Run' install option. I downloaded, unzipped, and entered one command in Terminal and I was up and running. However, I ran into an error when I tried to run code that made a web service request.

Unrecognized error code: Failed to compile web service generated client classes for http://eval.sugarondemand.com/secret/soap.php?wsdl. The compiler error messages follow: /Applications/jetty-openbd/webroot_cfmlapps/cfmlWebContext_1/WEB-INF/lib/webservices.jar does not exist and is needed to compile web service type.

I searched and I found a few other people with the same problem, but I didn't find any solutions. (I probably gave up too quickly.) I did a quick tweet for help and got some good feedback. The solution is to create a folder under webroot_cfmlapps/cfmlWebContext_1 named WEB-INF. Then make another folder under WEB-INF called libs. I then copied JARs from jetty-openbd/lib/openbd. I copied: jaxrpc.jar, saaj.jar, webservices.jar, and wsdl4.jar. (Basically I copied one jar at a time until the errors went away.)

Anyway, thanks atomi and Joshua Leone for the help!

Comment 1 by dave posted on 2/8/2009 at 6:00 AM

fyi~ the link is spelled wrong for openbd

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/8/2009 at 6:19 AM

Thanks, fixed.

Comment 3 by Matt Woodward posted on 2/9/2009 at 3:52 AM

Glad you got that sorted out--if you run into other issues while using OpenBD *please* let us know on the mailing list (http://groups.google.com/gr.... We're typically very quick to respond once we know there's an issue!

The Ready2Run download is a bit of a reconfigured Jetty that makes it easier for people to use it without a context path, so that probably explains the slight weirdness with the WEB-INF path.

Comment 4 by Alan posted on 2/9/2009 at 2:43 PM

I've just committed a fix to the ReadyToRun build that addresses this. It's available from the nightly build, and will be fixed in 1.0.2 onwards.

As Matt says, ping us on the mailing list, and you'll get responses very quickly. thanks

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/9/2009 at 5:16 PM

Will do next time. The twitter responses were real fast though. ;) Nice to hear about the fix Alan. Got to say - being able to download and run quickly made testing BD very nice.

Comment 6 by Sid Wing posted on 2/10/2009 at 1:39 AM

Glad to hear about the fix as well - as I will be working a project that will have a rather intensive webservices communication section in it.

Comment 7 by Shane posted on 4/14/2009 at 3:29 AM

I've done this and get a "unable to find a valid EngineConfigurationFactory"

Is there some additional change?

Thanks
Shane

Comment 8 by Raymond Camden posted on 4/14/2009 at 4:51 AM

I'd probably recommend using the OpenBD mailing list.