Ready2Run Open BlueDragon and Web Services

This post is more than 2 years old.

I was testing some simple web services code and needed to try it under Open BlueDragon. I was very happy to see a 'Ready2Run' install option. I downloaded, unzipped, and entered one command in Terminal and I was up and running. However, I ran into an error when I tried to run code that made a web service request.

Unrecognized error code: Failed to compile web service generated client classes for The compiler error messages follow: /Applications/jetty-openbd/webroot_cfmlapps/cfmlWebContext_1/WEB-INF/lib/webservices.jar does not exist and is needed to compile web service type.

I searched and I found a few other people with the same problem, but I didn't find any solutions. (I probably gave up too quickly.) I did a quick tweet for help and got some good feedback. The solution is to create a folder under webroot_cfmlapps/cfmlWebContext_1 named WEB-INF. Then make another folder under WEB-INF called libs. I then copied JARs from jetty-openbd/lib/openbd. I copied: jaxrpc.jar, saaj.jar, webservices.jar, and wsdl4.jar. (Basically I copied one jar at a time until the errors went away.)

Anyway, thanks atomi and Joshua Leone for the help!

Raymond Camden's Picture

About Raymond Camden

Raymond is a developer advocate for HERE Technologies. He focuses on JavaScript, serverless and enterprise cat demos. If you like this article, please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist or donating via PayPal to show your support. You can even buy me a coffee!

Lafayette, LA