The (Far) Future of ColdFusion

This has been mentioned already, but I wanted to make sure it got as much coverage as possible. I didn't realize this till MAX, but if you download the ColdFusion Evangelism Kit (thanks to Kristen Scholfield) you see mention not only of ColdFusion 9, but ColdFusion 10 (code named Sully and planned for 2010) and ColdFusion 11 (code named Link and planned for 2011) as well.

Not much to say here, but it is really nice to see such extended planning for the best web application platform available.

Comment 1 by Lola LB posted on 11/26/2008 at 5:39 PM

That's something to thump the heads of the "CF is DEAD!!!" crowd over with, at least.

Comment 2 by Lola LB posted on 11/26/2008 at 5:43 PM

And maybe someday, all it will take will be to type just this line "<cfset Caldonia = go.ForthAndCreate()>" and an entire website in 4-D will be created at Caldonia.com . . . ;-0

Comment 3 by larry c. lyons posted on 11/26/2008 at 7:43 PM

I'm still waiting for them to announce the DWIM() function - do what I mean...

Comment 4 by Craig Kaminsky posted on 11/26/2008 at 8:03 PM

I think this proves once and for all that Adobe is out to kill CFML. If they were serious about it, there would be something about CF 12 in that document :).

Comment 5 by Jay posted on 11/27/2008 at 2:50 AM

Kristen Scholfield and the CF team did an awesome job of inspiring me at MAX as to their commitment and love of CF. Keep up the good work.

PS <cfjedi />....one day.

Comment 6 by Chris posted on 11/29/2008 at 12:09 AM

Actually I doubt that Link will be ColdFusion 11. I think it is more likely that Sully will be a point relase (9.x) and Link will be CF 10.

Plus, the names open up room for speculation... does "Sully" mean "to sully"? ;-) And what does Link really link to? A new technology? A new architecture? Something else?

Comment 7 by Larry C. Lyons posted on 11/29/2008 at 2:35 AM

then again Sully could refer to Monsters, Inc.

Comment 8 by Allen posted on 12/3/2008 at 12:07 AM

I like the idea of smaller, more frequent releases. Does this mean the cost of upgrades will decrease?