New ORM Related session @ MAX

Jason Delmore just blogged about a new session @ MAX concerning ColdFusion 9 and ORM (Object Relational Mapping).

Object-Relational Mapping in ColdFusion 9

His session is at the same time as mine, so I bugged him for a sneak peak. It absolutely slick. The bees knees. Like peanut butter and jelly. Definitely check it out if you are attending MAX.

Comment 1 by JC posted on 10/31/2008 at 1:46 AM

Any idea when we can expect CF9 to be released? I haven't been keeping up on it.

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/31/2008 at 1:50 AM

Absolutely. It will be released when it's done. ;)

Seriously, have you ever seen a 'leak' on CF's release dates? ;)

Comment 3 by Wilgeno posted on 10/31/2008 at 2:11 AM

I want a sneak peek! I won't be at Max :-( and there is nothing better than PB&J!

Comment 4 by JC posted on 10/31/2008 at 2:37 AM

no, but I was in CF8's beta, so at least I knew it was in beta, and had a vague sense of how that was going... no clue at all about CF9, whether it's in beta yet or not, etc...

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/31/2008 at 7:17 AM

If you were in the CF8 beta, then you remember that no one is allowed to talk about the beta, whether they are in it or not. Ie, you don't talk about fight club. ;)

Comment 6 by Doug Hughes posted on 10/31/2008 at 3:58 PM

Ray - Do you have something against my family?! My mom is extremely allergic to bees and my son is extremely allergic to peanuts. It's a good thing I won't be coming to Max or I might learn I'm allergic to ORM!

Comment 7 by Francois Levesque posted on 10/31/2008 at 4:25 PM

He said bees knees, maybe she's not allergic to that. Though I wouldn't recommend trying.

If I'm reading correctly, though, we'd have to choose between Ray's session and Jason's, and Ray seems to be suggesting we go to his competitor's. Tough choice :D.

Comment 8 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/31/2008 at 5:28 PM

Francois - to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with my session. I'm happy to be picked - honored to be picked! But I really wish I had been asked to speak on something new. This will be the same CF+Ajax preso I've given before (although I'm going to try to make it a bit more fresh). So yes, I honestly would suggest folks check out Jason's. (And bring me notes back so I can blog it! ;)

Anyone who wants to see my preso and goes to Jason's instead can gladly ping me after MAX and I'll use my Connect account to do a small session for folks. (It's time for the CFJUG to return anyway.)