SpoolMail, ColdFire Updates

SpoolMail was updated to 1.5 today. It includes a mod by Lucas Sherwood to display the ReplyTo property and a mod by Dharmesh Goel to allow for simple editing of emails and the ability to resend from the message. (There was already a button on the top to move a bunch of mails back to the queue so this just duplicates that functionality for a specific message.) I'm curious about what folks think about the Edit ability. Personally I never use SpoolMail on production, but do others use it there?

Next, Nathan pinged me to let me know that ColdFire 1.2.95.95 was released. This is a bug fix update only.

Comment 1 by Phil Duba posted on 10/14/2008 at 5:50 PM

Oh, the edit functionality will be awesome for me. Too many people filling out forms don't put in proper email addresses and at my work we get a ton of undeliverable mail so having this inside of SpoolMail is going to help administer that much easier.

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/14/2008 at 5:53 PM

Awesome. I said to myself, "If I make Phil Duba happy, my life is complete..."

(Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

Comment 3 by todd sharp posted on 10/14/2008 at 6:01 PM

I use it in production - it's been a real life saver with my email problems lately. The edit functionality was something I was actually going to suggest to you, so thanks.

Comment 4 by Phil Duba posted on 10/14/2008 at 6:11 PM

Thanks Ray, I'm glad I'm up there on your priority list, ;)

Comment 5 by Mark W. Breneman posted on 10/14/2008 at 7:31 PM

Hey Ray,

I would love to see the option to edit what mail server the message will use when re-spooled. I need a way to actually send the message that SpoolMail capture to a real mail server and have it delivered to a real email address.
Thanks

Comment 6 by Andrew Penhorwood posted on 10/14/2008 at 9:39 PM

I have used the edit feature in the past. I even sent a patch to that effect sometime last year but it proved to not work on the MAC version of CF. Many times email is undeliverable due to a typo in the server info or a bad email address. The ability to fix these issues without accessing the box on the file level would be great.

Comment 7 by Sid Wing posted on 10/15/2008 at 6:04 PM

Thanks, Ray! VERY handy utility and, yes, it is installed on all my production boxes. Saves me MANY headaches from folks who either a) can't fill out a form properly b) don't know what their e-mail address is c) are spammers