Quick CFBL update and a minor LighthousePro update

Two quickies for the lunch time crowd. As folks remember, I ran a "We are too dang fat" contest back in January. I was proud to say I went from 230 to 211 during the 10 week process. Today I went to the doctor (not for anything important) so I took the opportunity to use a 'real' scale.

196

Yes, I used the blink tag. Sue me. 6 more pounds and I'll be at my goal weight.

Secondly, I released a small update to LighthousePro. This was work done by Ron Stewart and involves some minor cleanup in the project view area. Not a critical update, but I'd grab it anyway.

Comment 1 by Chad posted on 5/7/2008 at 10:25 PM

Way to go Ray! I have been hovering around 185 since the end of CFBL, but i have not put on pounds since CFBL.

I want to loose 5-10 more and show my doctor what i am made of!

Comment 2 by Chris posted on 5/7/2008 at 10:36 PM

Congrats Ray....Anything in particular you have been doing?

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/7/2008 at 10:37 PM

Diet and exercise. Seriously - thats it. The only "magic" is finding the diet and exercise program I could live with. That took a while.

Comment 4 by Chris posted on 5/7/2008 at 10:40 PM

Can I ask what type of exercises? Running?

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/7/2008 at 10:48 PM

Walking on a treadmill. For me this was great as I couldn't use weather as an excuse. I have been increasing the speed for a while now. I do 30 minutes. 5 minutes at a light job and 5 minutes at a steep incline. All in all I walk about 2.1 miles five days a week.

M/W/F I do pushups - on my knees - but I can now do a grand total of 3 "real" pushups. I also do stomach crunches as well. To be honest, if i didn't lose another pound I'd be happy, but I really want my stomach flatter. Not flat. Just flatter.

Comment 6 by CheyenneJack posted on 5/7/2008 at 11:17 PM

Congratulations Ray. Sounds like you are almost there. I'll have to stay tuned for CFBL 2.

Last time I went on a crash diet I dropped 75lbs in about 4-5 months. However, I've let the good ol' LBs creep back in the last 3-4 years.

I blame RSS and IDD (Internet Deficit Disorder). I'm guessing things will be a lot harder this time around now that I've exited my 20's.

Comment 7 by David McGuigan posted on 5/7/2008 at 11:24 PM

While we're on the topic, I've lost almost 2 lbs. watching the demo videos for the new Wii Fit.

Comment 8 by James Ahrens posted on 5/7/2008 at 11:38 PM

Congrats Ray! Count me in for CFBL 2 and I say we start it June 1st. I was pushing 268 in March and now I'm at 260. I'd like to get down to 190 - anyone up for the challenge?

Comment 9 by Allen posted on 5/8/2008 at 12:10 AM

I got a "trainer" (a piece of equipment that clips onto it) and so when the weather's not nice I can just hop on my bike. Of course that's pretty boring so I usually watch a DVD or play the PS2 or read.

Comment 10 by Kevin Hall posted on 5/8/2008 at 12:31 AM

Nice job on the weight loss Ray. I missed out on your CFBL, but my wife did get me to join a gym a few weeks ago and I'm already down a few pounds, the CFBL has been a nice motivator for me, seeing other out of shape programmers get off their butts and losing weight. It's cool seeing results even after just a few weeks.

Comment 11 by Don Bellamy posted on 5/8/2008 at 4:07 AM

Awesome, Congrats! 190 is my goal weight as well, unfortunately I am weighing in at 260 at the moment. :(

Comment 12 by Joel Stobart posted on 5/8/2008 at 10:43 AM

Well done Ray!

I have had a similar experience. Makes me feel good when I wake up in the morning. Lost about 2 stone through CBFL.

I found that a reasonable amount(1-2 hours a day) of walking is good. Coupled it with resistance sessions in the gym. Eating smaller portions, and eating less potatoes and white bread helped a lot.

Joel

Comment 13 by Sid Wing posted on 5/8/2008 at 6:21 PM

Kudos to all the CFBL folks! I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes about 3 years ago. The doc put me on a strict low carb/low cal diet (as I sit in front of a computer all day long) coupled with a low impact exercise regimen. In three years I have dropped 75 lbs and managed to keep it off (from 250 to 175/170 depending on the day). The stomach still isn't as "flat" as I'd like either - so I hear ya on that one Ray - just know it can be worked on.

Again - Congrats to ya'll.

Comment 14 by Mingo Hagen posted on 5/9/2008 at 4:35 PM

Congrats on the blink usage, I think you used it very well.

Comment 15 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/12/2008 at 11:17 PM

I didn't want to waste a whole new blog entry on this - but compare March 06 to April 08:

Comment 16 by Jeff Gladnick posted on 11/10/2008 at 1:22 PM

Lighthouse Pro will not work with BlueDragon out of the box, but with a few quick changes, you can get it working:

1) In Application.cfc, on line 134:

<cfschedule action="update" task="#taskname#" operation="HTTPRequest" url="#taskurl#" startDate="1/1/1999" startTime="12:00 AM" interval="600" requestTimeOut="600">

All you need to do is change the start date to 4 digits, and viola.

2) On the project_view.cfm page, around like 181: Look in the javascript for the function "displayData". All the JSON data coming back from CF7/8 is uppercase. BD for whatever silly reason, decided to do them lowercase. Simple change the case of all references to DATA.whatever in here and you're good to go!