Semi-Pro, All Bad

Ugh. I'll keep it short and sweet. You would be better off seeing Brittany Spears recite Shakespeare than see Semi-Pro. It was so bad - I kid you not - my wife and I turned to each other and we walked out 40 minutes in. I've never walked out of a film, but this was just so amazingly bad we figured we had no other choice. Semi-Pro has now surpassed Highlander 2 as my worst cinema experience.

Comment 1 by cfSearching posted on 3/1/2008 at 9:17 AM

"Brittany Spears recite Shakespeare"

Umm.. I would rather see Semi-Pro ;-)

Comment 2 by Eric Hoffman posted on 3/1/2008 at 10:03 AM

See, programming on a Friday night is way better. :)

Comment 3 by cfSearching posted on 3/1/2008 at 10:11 AM

.. especially true if those two are your only other options ;)

Comment 4 by Roger Benningfield posted on 3/1/2008 at 12:25 PM

I've walked out of a few movies in my time. The first one was Beverly Hills Cop 3... I made it most of the way through, but reached my limit. The second was Junior, which I only endured for around 20 minutes. The third was due to projection problems, and I don't even remember the specific film.

I *wanted* to walk out of either Delta Force II or Missing in Action III (can't remember), which my friend the Chuck Norris fan just *had* to see. I counted a lot of ceiling tiles in the theater that night.

One movie I wanted to walk out on but happily didn't was Van Damme's Cyborg... which was so marvelously awful that my life would be slightly worse for having missed it. I hadn't seen MST3K at that point, but we basically sat there in an almost empty theater and gave it the Crow & Servo treatment. We subsequently spent the rest of the year pausing dramatically in the middle of sentences to intone, "You know, I think *he's* the cure."

Comment 5 by Joshua Cyr posted on 3/1/2008 at 6:53 PM

Ah, thats too bad. I was considering seeing that. Did they show trailers for step brothers?

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/1/2008 at 6:55 PM

Nope, they had Get Smsrt, something else I can't remember, and the new Mike Meyers film, the Love Guru, which looks horrid. I'm a bit sad about that. I was looking forward to Meyers returning to non-animation films.

Comment 7 by Brian Swartzfager posted on 3/1/2008 at 7:11 PM

Worse than Highlander 2: that is bad.

Comment 8 by Ben Nadel posted on 3/1/2008 at 10:12 PM

I didn't see any of the early highlander movies, but I did see Highlander: End Game, which may be one of the worst movies ever made.

That's no good to hear about Semi-Pro. I certainly was not jazzed about the previews, but would have went to see it since I am such a huge will ferrel fan. Too bad this was no good. I guess I will wait for the movie on tv.

Comment 9 by pan69 posted on 3/2/2008 at 3:18 AM

Haven't seen to movie yet. Did build the website though:

www.semipromovie.com

Comment 10 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/2/2008 at 3:23 AM

Really? That's cool. I've always wanted to do Hollywood work.

Comment 11 by David Betz posted on 3/2/2008 at 9:20 AM

Highlander 2 was bad, but my vote is still in for Showgirls as the worst movie ever.

Comment 12 by cfSearching posted on 3/2/2008 at 10:02 AM

@Raymond,

You have? I can just see it now:
"All Pro - A new comedy starring Raymond Camden" ;-)

Comment 13 by pan69 posted on 3/2/2008 at 12:21 PM

@ray
"Really? That's cool. I've always wanted to do Hollywood work."

I work for Tequila (Sydney, Australia). We do on a regular basis work for Newline Cinema's. We also did; http://www.goldencompassmov..., http://www.tequila.com.au/n..., etc. I believe there is some chick flick site on the way we have to build in the next couple of weeks... :)