Labs updates Flex, AIR, and release BlazeDS

Adobe Labs released a few nice updates this morning (or last night). First up is the 3rd beta of Adobe AIR. (And yes, they still have the annoying auto-play video with sound.) Next is the 3rd beta of Flex 3. Last is BlazeDS, which if I read it right is an open source version of Flash Data Services. I won't repeat why I think AIR and Flex are cool (just last night I was urging someone to stop using Flash Forms on their site and switch over to Flex), but take the time to download and play with these technologies if you haven't yet.

Comment 1 by J.Mihai posted on 12/13/2007 at 5:39 PM

This is a good info, I used to use this software when I was working in a club two years ago, man that was a funny period. Now I just test it from time to time. I tend to use more professionals one, yet I like to know that I have used that and that and that...

Comment 2 by Brian Swartzfager posted on 12/13/2007 at 6:26 PM

If you're right about what BlazeDS is (and I think you are), it would be really cool if the CF web hosting companies started offering that.

I just downloaded and installed AIR Beta 3. I was a bit worried it would break the AIR app I just released yesterday, but thankfully it seems fine.

Comment 3 by Dan Sorensen posted on 12/13/2007 at 9:40 PM

Is there a way to make Flex applications to stretch to fit the available space (maybe with a minimum/maximum size) like I can with the other CF controls available to me? Must I set specific application dimensions for a Flex form?

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/13/2007 at 9:46 PM

I'm a Flex newbie, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm mostly sure that FLex does indeed support % for widths/heights, both in controls inside the app, and for the entire app itself.

Comment 5 by Dan Sorensen posted on 12/13/2007 at 10:14 PM

Thanks Ray. It's odd little things like that that takes some time to get used to when jumping from one technology to the other.

Comment 6 by Duncan Loxton posted on 12/14/2007 at 1:33 AM

Nice post Ray, there is also some info over on InfoQ analysing the Adobe Press release on this. A bit of confirmation on the open source thing. http://www.infoq.com/news/2...