Update your bookmarks please

I've gotten a few emails recently from folks who had never noticed that my domain name changed, or were still using an old bookmark. Please be sure to update your bookmarks from ray.camdenfamily.com to www.raymondcamden.com. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep the old URL around. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Comment 1 by david buhler posted on 12/11/2007 at 12:27 AM

Emails still come from camdenfamily.com :)

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/11/2007 at 12:32 AM

Right - I'm not sure how long RAY.camdenfamily.com will exist. camdenfamily.com will never die.

Comment 3 by Chris posted on 12/11/2007 at 6:33 AM

Did camdenfamily.com get hacked?

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/11/2007 at 7:23 AM

Nope, I don't host a web site there anymore.

Comment 5 by Troy Allen posted on 12/11/2007 at 8:53 PM

FYI...Unless you changed them since last week, I was still occasionally finding older Blog entries that pointed to examples, related articles, etc on the camdenfamily.com domain. The links usually did not work, but changing the domain to coldfusionjedi.com fixed them.

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/11/2007 at 8:57 PM

I'm slowly changing old articles as folks complain. Some old links will work - I have some custom code to catch CFMs in main root, but demos, non-CFMs won't.

Comment 7 by Jeremy Prevost posted on 12/12/2007 at 5:25 AM

And this is why you will never use an absolute URL to your own site in a blog post again...right?

Comment 8 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/12/2007 at 6:51 AM

I kind of have to - since I use SES urls, I have to use absolute URLs.

Comment 9 by Jeremy Prevost posted on 12/12/2007 at 7:10 AM

Can't you use site root relative URLs?

Such as:

/index.cfm/2007/12/10/Update-your-bookmarks-please

Comment 10 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/12/2007 at 7:16 AM

Oh duh - true - but - I remember reading that valid RSS requires complete URLs, which makes sense.

Comment 11 by Jeremy Prevost posted on 12/12/2007 at 7:27 AM

Oh right. That makes sense. And I've definitely both generated and received RSS feeds that were incorrectly directed links to my local computer...

Now if only you could convince the developer of the fabulous BlogCFC to write some code to control the output of the RSS feed to ensure that any siteroot relative URLs are re-written properly. :)

But how often do you migrate from one domain to another anyway right?