Ding dong the WACK is dead...

Nothing important here - nothing but the fact that I just turned in my last chapter in the WACK and I'm done! Done, done, done! (Well, except for author review.) If I agree to do 20+ chapters again, someone shoot me.

Comment 1 by Chris posted on 9/1/2007 at 7:57 PM

Ray,

Can I have your Mac if someone shoots you? :)

Comment 2 by TJ Downes posted on 9/1/2007 at 8:21 PM

gratz Ray!

Comment 3 by Scott P posted on 9/1/2007 at 9:46 PM

congrats! The CF world salutes you and the others that contributed to the books.

Comment 4 by Dave Dugdale posted on 9/1/2007 at 11:35 PM

So when will the book be out?

Comment 5 by Tomas posted on 9/2/2007 at 12:21 AM

Great! Looking forward to them!

Comment 6 by Doug posted on 9/2/2007 at 12:33 AM

Should we shoot you now or after CF9?
Congratulations, look forward to reading your work.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 9/2/2007 at 1:04 AM

All: Thanks :)

Dave: Check my blog entry here:

This has Amazon links to all 3 books, and if you buy from those links, I get a buck or two.

Comment 8 by Camilo posted on 9/2/2007 at 6:05 AM

This is just great news Ray ;-) , I am always looking for a good study material

Comment 9 by Camilo posted on 9/2/2007 at 6:11 AM

Quick Question Ray . . .

what are the diff btn these two books, ColdFusion 8 Web Application Construction Kit, Volume 3: Advanced Application Development?

as a novices, which book would I benefit the most from?

Comment 10 by Peter Tilbrook posted on 9/2/2007 at 7:39 AM

Looking forward to it. Have pre-ordered #1 from Peachpit already ;)

Comment 11 by Adam Howitt posted on 9/2/2007 at 4:58 PM

Hey Ray,
Looking forward to the new books. I know you aren't responsible for the amazon listing but could you pass on a note to whoever is. There are a couple of typos on WACKv2 editorial reviews under both headings:
ColdFusion 8, the the AND
most important ColdFusion since the product was created back in 1995
I think it should be most important ColdFusion release...

I don't know if it's too late but I'd be interested in being a proof reading any of the volumes. I ran a study group driven by the CF cert study guide earlier this year with 10 developers and there were at least 2 or 3 typos/omissions in every 5 chapters. It sounds insignificant until you realize each chapter is only 3 pages long. It shouldn't but it reduces the credibility of the book and after slogging away at 20 chapters I'm sure that's the last thing you want.

Comment 12 by Raymond Camden posted on 9/2/2007 at 4:59 PM

@Peter - From Peachpit? I don't get a cut when you do that. Now my kids will go hungry. Why do you hate my kids, Peter? ;)

@Adam - there is already a TE working on it. :)

Comment 13 by Raymond Camden posted on 9/2/2007 at 5:01 PM

@Camilo - basically, books 1-3 take you from beginner to advanced topics. If you could buy only one and you were a novice, you should buy book one.

Comment 14 by Chris Jordan posted on 9/4/2007 at 5:40 PM

Ray, what's the best way to order so that you get your cut, and your kids don't go hungry, or have to go to school naked?

Comment 15 by Raymond Camden posted on 9/4/2007 at 10:05 PM

Visit the blog entry in my earlier comment. Each of those links is an affiliate link.

Comment 16 by John C. Bland II posted on 9/6/2007 at 2:36 AM

Dude, I seriously (still) don't see how you did it. :-)

Comment 17 by Patrick posted on 9/8/2007 at 7:04 PM

Hi Ray,
i'm one of the rare german CF developers. The biggest problem for german CF developers is, that there are no german books about CF. Okay one book, but about CF 6. So it would be great if the WACK get's published in german!

Comment 18 by Raymond Camden posted on 9/8/2007 at 7:12 PM

Patrick - I've got no control over that. You would need to ask the publisher.