Amazon shows new WACKs

I love that title - for those who don't get it - WACK = Web Application Construction Kit. The blog Philosophy Me just released an entry talking about the new books, so I thought I'd link it up here as well. I think the cover design is pretty darn cool.

Comment 1 by William from Lagos posted on 8/8/2007 at 7:42 PM

Cool, any TOC?

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 8/8/2007 at 7:55 PM

While I've obviously got that - I'm not sure it is public yet.

Comment 3 by Brian Swartzfager posted on 8/8/2007 at 8:51 PM

Looking at the Amazon page for volumes 2 and the page for volume 3, it looks like if you act now, you can buy both volumes 2 and 3 together for only...

(drum roll)

...the exact cost of buying each of them separately!

That cracks me up. :)

In all seriousness, it's cool that you can now pre-order them.

Comment 4 by Larry Boucher posted on 8/8/2007 at 11:26 PM

For those of you up here in Canada; Amazon.ca seems to have them at a better price then chapters/indigo. Unfortunately both seem to have the ship date of October 15, 2007 so I will have to wait a while till my pre-order ships :-(.

Comment 5 by Sami Hoda posted on 8/9/2007 at 1:47 AM
Comment 6 by William from Lagos posted on 8/9/2007 at 4:07 AM

We want TOC, we want TOC, we want TOC!

Comment 7 by Stepve Walker posted on 8/9/2007 at 12:42 PM

Any chance they will be ready and available by MAX?

Comment 8 by Raymond Camden posted on 8/9/2007 at 3:22 PM

As I'm not sure what I can and cannot say, I'll stay quiet. I'll ask Ben though.

Comment 9 by Al posted on 8/9/2007 at 9:06 PM

I was going to ask when the books will be released but I obviously can't read too well or have that whole male problem of not seeing what's directly in front of me.
So first volume is due at the end of August and the others in october... :( I wanna get them now...

Comment 10 by Ben Forta posted on 8/9/2007 at 11:42 PM

Volume 1 should indeed be out by MAX, with volumes 2 and 3 following it.

--- Ben

Comment 11 by William from Lagos posted on 8/10/2007 at 1:03 PM

Hi Ben. It appears Ray needs some permission to disclose information about the TOC for your upcoming books.

Would that be too much to ask if he did just that?

Comment 12 by Al posted on 8/11/2007 at 11:46 PM

Thanks Ben, I'm still fairly new to ColdFusion so I'm quite keen to get my hands on the new WACKs you guys have done for CF8. I'll have to register my interest in a TOC also so I'm a bit more certain of which volumes I should get.

Comment 13 by Jeff posted on 8/14/2007 at 1:22 AM

Great news, looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Comment 14 by Raymond Camden posted on 8/23/2007 at 7:09 PM