This post is more than 2 years old.
I'm posting an update to the aggregator code I blogged about yesterday. This update does a few things - and demonstrates a bug (I think) in CFTHREAD inside a UDF.
First off - I took the suggestion of using an array of feeds instead of a list in case your URL contains a comma. I also let you pass in one URL by itself. The code to handle this is relatively simple. I see if arguments.feeds is not an array. If it isn't, I create a new array and set the string as the first item.
Secondly - the bug I mentioned above. If you call the UDF I wrote yesterday twice (or more), then you get an error stating that the thread named "thread_X" cannot be created twice. It was my understanding that a thread created inside a UDF was unique to the UDF. I've got a bug open with Adobe on this now. To fix this for now - I simply switched to threads named by UUID.
Lastly, I added some basic error checking to the feed retrieval. If a feed URL is bad, or times out, then I return an empty query for that particular feed.
This will be posted to CFLib later in the week when I set up "CF8" as a supported platform. You can download the zip (which has the UDF and a few test calls) here.