Lost for May 16 - "...blow them all up to Hell"

Ok, so I know I said I wouldn't do a quote again, but I'm pretty sure this was in the previews from last week anyway. As it stands - this is going to be a pretty darn short review as this was, almost entirely, a lead up to the season finale next week (which I do not get to watch on my nice HDTV as I'll be in Vegas).

This weeks episode focused on Charlie. I like Charlie - but his past just kind of bores me. All of his flashbacks related to the best memories of his life - leading up to his sacrifice to shut down the Looking Glass - the underwater Dharma station that is blocking all outside communication. While an underwater station has been mentioned before (right?), I don't think it was shown on the map.

Of course, Charlie gets down to the hatch and discovers it wasn't abandoned. In the preview for next week we see him getting beat up by, we assume, the Others manning the station.

We discover what Jack has been up to. Along with Blondie and Crazy French Lady (have I said I'm bad with names?) he was planning a way to fight back against the Others. This plan goes to heck though when Ben returns and moves up the attack.

Oh - and Desmond is convinced that if Charlie sacrifices himself, Claire and the baby will get rescued. Now I think this is an important point. He saw Claire and the baby enter a helicopter. That doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is going to be rescued. And with the show lasting for a few more years, it is highly doubtful. Watch Claire, and Claire alone (I mean with child of course) leave during the finale.

Comment 1 by Russ Johnson posted on 5/17/2007 at 11:06 AM

Yeah.. I was SO looking forward to the show tonight after last week. And then.. nothing... just a big lead on until the finale.

I remember the underwater station from earlier episodes. When Jack was first captured and held, it was in that underwater place. Not sure if its the same one or not but seems like it would be.

Definitely cant wait until the 2 hour finale!

Comment 2 by Scott P posted on 5/17/2007 at 2:30 PM

ahh...but who's helicopter? Did Ben summon a helicopter and take just her and a few other women off the island?

Comment 3 by Scott P posted on 5/17/2007 at 2:34 PM

one more - the girl from the helicopter crash, since Charlie was captured by all woman (it appeared), could she be an other plant from there. They never saw the helicopter, just heard it and we have never seen the girl that captured Charlie before.

That might explain how Ben is going to be at the tower waiting on them. She is spying on them for him.

Comment 4 by Jim Priest posted on 5/17/2007 at 4:44 PM

I like Charlie and thought it was pretty good - but next week should be better :)

If they just wanted to kill the signal - why not just chop the cable?

And I too thought it was interesting the two people that came out to 'greet' Charlie were both women. With the sub gone were these folks abandoned or what?

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/17/2007 at 5:13 PM

Jim, the cable wasn't power or for the signal - they called it an anchor. But cutting it could have helped too. But maybe not fast enough.

Comment 6 by Frank Hipolito posted on 5/17/2007 at 6:31 PM

Jack was in the Hydra with Juliette, who mentioned that she had no idea where the Hourglass Hatch was.

1-Does anyone think that Desmond's vision included the underwater hangout for the Swedish bikini team, which is why he volunteered to go in Charlie's place?

2-Something stinks with Jack and Juliette conveniently leading all the women to one location. Makes it easier to gather them "ALL" up.

3-Where was Sawyer the whole episode?

4-Pretty sure the cable to the Hourglass, was their cable TV. If their cable was cut, maybe the cable company would have come out to fix it, and rescued the survivors :)

Comment 7 by Russ Johnson posted on 5/17/2007 at 6:58 PM

Yeah, Im not sure about the helicopter chick. Seems unlikely though since she had that pic of Desmond but anything is possible.

I agree with Ray on point 2, I havent trusted Jack since he's been all googly-eyed over Juliette. I think that hooker is just playing him like a fiddle. She's up to something, whether or not Jack is in on it remains to be seen but she's dirty.

You know, I didnt even think about Sawyer being gone. Seems wierd they were looking for shooters and he wasnt there. Was there something that we missed last week about him?

Comment 8 by Scott P posted on 5/17/2007 at 7:03 PM

On the picture, he had it in the hatch with him. They could have copied it. Granted it is a stretch.

Comment 9 by RobW posted on 5/17/2007 at 7:18 PM

Here are some screenshots from the episode that show some interesting things about the Looking Glass:

Comment 10 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/17/2007 at 7:25 PM

Nice. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment 11 by Jim Priest posted on 5/17/2007 at 7:53 PM

Another weird thing is why was Desmond's vision so off?

Did he know there were people down there? Or maybe it will still be flooded at some later time (killing Charlie?)

Comment 12 by Scott P posted on 5/17/2007 at 8:00 PM

He still has not flipped the switch by the yellow (or orange) light. Could still happen.

Comment 13 by Nick posted on 5/18/2007 at 12:13 AM

All good points, kudo's to the guy who linked the photo montage....because...and everyone I watched it with disagrees with me but...if you look at the last picture in the montage, the lady on the left (Brown hair). I swear she is the stewardess that talked to Jack in season 1, we met again in this season when Jack gets introduced to the others. Anyone else see that. If its not her, its someone we've met before.

Comment 14 by Nick posted on 5/18/2007 at 12:19 AM

I had a gut feeling from the start that the lighthouse wasn't flooded, but the yellow button would result in charlie drowning NOT drown while pressing the yellow button.

Comment 15 by Yaron Kohn posted on 5/18/2007 at 5:09 AM

Wasn't Jack held underwater in the submarine (pre-locke fireworks)? I don't think it was the looking glass

Comment 16 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/18/2007 at 5:15 AM

He wasn't held in the sub - the sub was far too small to hold the room Jack was in.

Comment 17 by Kevin Sargent posted on 5/18/2007 at 5:29 AM

No, Jack was held in the Hydra.

Funny that 'The Looking Glass' has a rabbit symbol. Coincidence?

Comment 18 by Joe Zack posted on 5/24/2007 at 6:58 AM

anxiously awaiting the lost post!

Comment 19 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/24/2007 at 10:36 AM

I'm in PST. It just ended 33 mins ago. Will be posting in a few.