Flex Cookbook

The Flex Cookbook site is now live - in beta form anyway. This new site, created by Adobe and O'Reilly, looks to be a great resource already.

Comment 1 by D K posted on 12/19/2006 at 10:48 AM

this is a great start for it. I'm just scratching the surface of Flex after how many years. This is just what I need to dig into!

p.s. Ray are you ever gonna make up that CF u.g. security presentation that was cancelled, or did I miss it!

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/19/2006 at 5:28 PM

The CFJUG starts up next year. In January.

Comment 3 by Lola LB posted on 12/19/2006 at 6:34 PM

Maybe they'll do the same thing for ColdFusion? Hope springs eternal . . . :-(

Comment 4 by D K posted on 12/19/2006 at 6:52 PM

@Lola - the http://www.coldfusioncookbo... already has over 100 entries and is a great resource. I'm not sure how much use its getting at the moment, I don't recall many entries being added lately =\

@Ray - glad to hear it. I really enjoyed the previous one I watched and was anxious to see the security one :P

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/19/2006 at 7:07 PM

DK - we typically add an entry or so a week. It is slow - but it grows. :)

Comment 6 by Lola LB posted on 12/20/2006 at 7:06 PM

I'm talking about printed books. I don't always want to take my laptop into certain rooms, if you know what I mean. ;-) (Matter of fact, you're asking for disaster if you're using your laptop in a small room with lots of water!) I'm hoping that O'Reilly will at least update their CF titles when Scorpio comes out.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/20/2006 at 7:09 PM

Oh, you can always use the PDF from ColdFusion Cookbook.

Comment 8 by Jason Calleiro posted on 12/29/2006 at 4:09 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know we are developing a social network that the whole user admin side is being developed in flex.