WindowShade Flex Component

A friend asked me a few days ago if there was a "WindowShade" type Flex component. By that she meant a panel or some sort where you can double click to hide the contents of the panel. Stephen Gilson had such a component. As he doesn't have a blog (dude, get one! ;) I'm posting his code here. It isn't quite what my friend wanted, but is pretty cool.

I will readily admit I don't quite get how the drawing works - but it is pretty cool how he embedded the icons for the panel into the code itself.

You can see this in action here:

And you can right click to see Stephan's source and download the component.

Who else thinks it is time for a CFLib for Flex 2 components?

Comment 1 by Teddy R Payne posted on 12/12/2006 at 9:28 PM

Ray,
I second the idea of having a CFLib Flex Component library and/or a Flex 2 cookbook website.

Comment 2 by julien posted on 12/12/2006 at 10:00 PM

Nice :) thanks for sharing

Comment 3 by Matt Chotin posted on 12/12/2006 at 10:35 PM

Well, the cookbook is launching pretty soon on adobe.com, it may fit some of your needs. And we have the Adobe Exchange for other components too. I don't know how it compares to CFLib, but we're trying to provide...

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/12/2006 at 10:42 PM

My problem with the Exchange is that there is commercial/encrypted stuff there. Not that there is anything wrong with that - I certainly don't mind folks earning money. But one of the goals of CFLib was to be a library where a user would know that if he found something, it was both a) free and b) open source.

Comment 5 by Jeremy Rottman posted on 12/12/2006 at 10:52 PM

Well blogs are not for everyone... But a very cool idea with the cookbook and flex component library.

That component is pretty cool as well.

Comment 6 by Dave G posted on 12/23/2007 at 7:26 AM

Is example and code still available? The link is broken.

Comment 7 by arivarasan posted on 5/17/2010 at 3:42 PM

when i am click the link(http://ray.camdenfamily.com... it shows: 404 - File or directory not found. error
i want to use the application plz help me

Comment 8 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/17/2010 at 4:05 PM

Sorry - this demo is no longer available.