Happy Halloween! And what is on your soundtrack today?

What's going to be on your playlist today to help celebrate Halloween? For me its:

• Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde. A cool song that got way overplayed at the local bar during college. Now that it is a few years past though it has regained the cool factor for me.
  • Everyday is Halloween by Ministry. This is before they got all industrial and were a bit more like a harsher Depeche Mode.

Any other suggestions? If anyone says Monster Mash I'm banning them forever! ;)

Comment 1 by Mark Drew posted on 10/31/2006 at 6:10 PM

DEAD by the Pixies?
Blood by Pearl Jam?

Comment 2 by Mike Rankin posted on 10/31/2006 at 7:08 PM

Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo.

I totally dig that Ministry song. I still have a 22 minute remix of it from my college days.

Comment 3 by Mike Rankin posted on 10/31/2006 at 7:09 PM

Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo.

Comment 4 by Tom Chiverton posted on 10/31/2006 at 7:10 PM

Hay Ray, have you heard of last.fm ?

It lets you see exactly what people are listening to in very near real time - my page is http://www.last.fm/user/Tom... for instance. There is a small but growing Coldfusion group on the site too.

I may put some Thriller on later, followed with Forsaken by VNV Nation and a few choice cuts from Within Temptation and Incubus Sukubus :-)

Comment 5 by Damien McKenna posted on 10/31/2006 at 7:21 PM

Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye.
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple people eater to me.

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater.
(one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed one-horned, flyin' puple people eater
Sure looks stange to me. (one eye?)

Comment 6 by Greg Nilsen posted on 10/31/2006 at 7:25 PM

Hey Tom...what's the ColdFusion group on Last.FM? I've been a user on there since February, but hadn't seen anything about the group.

BTW, I've harnessed the power of Last.FM combined with Amazon to show my charts with album covers on my blog at http://further.gregnilsen.com. If anyone would be interested in the code, let me know.

Comment 7 by Andy Allan posted on 10/31/2006 at 7:48 PM

Dead - My Chemical Romance
Walk With Me in Hell - Lamb of God
Monster - The Automatics
Halloween - Helloween
Number of the Beast/Killers - Iron Maiden
Dragula - Rob Zombie
And countless more

Comment 8 by Russ Johnson posted on 10/31/2006 at 8:10 PM

All My Chemical Romance....

Just got the new CD The Black Parade and it rocks! Just as good as Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge....

I'll mix in some Queen of the Damned soundtrack today as well... a little Static X, some Chester Benningtion, and of course Korn, good stuff...

Comment 9 by James, F.E. posted on 10/31/2006 at 8:31 PM

I'm listening to the soundtrack for Phantom of the Opera.

Comment 10 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/31/2006 at 8:47 PM

James - for those of us at MAX, we heard that dang soundtrack everytime we went back to the Venetian hotel rooms. ;) I liked the soundtrack before MAX - now I'm not so sure. ;)

Comment 11 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:02 PM

I can't believe I forgot this:

Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus

Comment 12 by Nick Tong posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:12 PM

FYI: the Coldfusion Group on last.fm is here:

Comment 13 by Tom Chiverton posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:12 PM

Greg: "Coldfusion" :-)

Comment 14 by Jeff Self posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:16 PM

My iPod played Manic Depression by Hendrix this morning.

Comment 15 by Kyle Hayes posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:17 PM

I dig the following album from iTunes:

Comment 16 by Kyle Hayes posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:18 PM

Btw, Ray, check the "Add Comments" window in Safari. It seems that the bottom-most elements don't render properly.

Comment 17 by Sid Wing posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:27 PM

<ul>
<li>Bodies - Drowning Pool</li>
<li>Dragula - Rob Zombie</li>
<li>Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence (cuz Amy Lee is HOT!)</li>

Comment 18 by Jim posted on 10/31/2006 at 9:46 PM

Wolfman Stole My Baby - Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13

Comment 19 by Greg Nilsen posted on 11/1/2006 at 12:42 AM

Tom...I searched for it, but it didn't come up for me...maybe it's just a bad search page.

Comment 20 by Rob Munn posted on 11/1/2006 at 4:32 AM

How about some Danzig? Devil's Plaything, Heart of the Devil, Possession. I'll be cranking Danzig II - Lucifuge, right now.

Comment 21 by Sam posted on 11/1/2006 at 7:39 PM

Yeah, I was going to say just about anything Misfits...

Comment 22 by kd posted on 11/2/2006 at 1:02 AM

ok. i am a day late but check out any of these "jukebox of the dead" songs. Detholz! are a Chicago band that has made a name for itself with its annual Halloween show which features Halloween versions of bad 80's songs