Battlestar Galactica Season 3

Just a quick note - but the Battlestar Galactica season opener was absolutely amazing. As much as I love Lost, the BSG premier blew it out of the water. By a long shot. I've said it before but if you aren't watching BSG, you need to - even if you aren't a big Sci Fi fan.

(And I promise - next week that ColdFusion posts return. :)

Comment 1 by Scott Stroz posted on 10/7/2006 at 9:30 PM

BSG, in my opinion, is the best show on TV.

Comment 2 by Kristin posted on 10/7/2006 at 9:51 PM

Agreed. Seems like every stage of it's writing and production is lovingly crafted-writing, acting, sound track, special effects...

Comment 3 by Edward T posted on 10/7/2006 at 11:46 PM

...and how about timely? What an eye-opener to consider the season opener in light of current events. So much depends on your perspective.

Comment 4 by Cutter posted on 10/8/2006 at 12:21 AM

Absolutely amazing. Who else thinks that the Sharon who met up with the resistence in the woods isn't Boomer?

Comment 5 by Kevin Benore posted on 10/8/2006 at 5:52 AM

Watching it on the DVR as we speak and it is awesome! Best thing on TV. Only wish it was in HD.

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/8/2006 at 7:49 AM

Cutter, she was with the other troops who came down with her, right?

Comment 7 by Edward T posted on 10/8/2006 at 4:14 PM

Cutter, she couldn't be Boomer, right? Boomer was resurrected back on Caprica, and is working with Number 6 to convince the Cylons to stop killing humans. The Sharon that was put in charge of the rescue op is the one that Helo met on Caprica, and who has been in captivity on the Galactica....

Comment 8 by Cutter posted on 10/8/2006 at 5:55 PM

Actually Edward has it right (and I should have remembered that after she introduced herself that way to Cali(sp?) in that episode). But Ray has it like I see it. I'm talking about the Sharon that had the baby with Helo, who came off the Raptor with a load of Marines. Where are the Marines? The resistence is being duped by another Sharon. Or, that's how it looks to me right now. We'll find out next week!

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/8/2006 at 5:58 PM

Cutter, I don't remember her being alone. I remember her being with a group. Am I wrong?

Comment 10 by Scott Stroz posted on 10/8/2006 at 6:57 PM

The Sharon that had the baby has been a 'prisoner' on Galactica sinced before she gave birth. I am convinved that the Sharon that Adamamsent down to New Caprica is the same one who gave birth.

As for the ambush, my guess is it was Tigh(sp)'s wife whi tipped them off.

One thing that ticked me off is that the previews seemed to give too much away. At one point you see Roslyn(sp) in what used to be her office. Kind of ruins the 'cliff hanger' we were left with at the end of the season premiere.

Comment 11 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/8/2006 at 6:58 PM

I disagree Scott. Remember that Baltar has a history of seeing things. I'm thinking it was just his guilt.

Comment 12 by Cutter posted on 10/9/2006 at 2:44 AM

Yea Ray, the Sharon that came off the Raptor was with a group of Marines. But the Sharon that met up with the resistence, not long before the bucket heads opened fire on the group, was alone. That's why I'm thinking it's not Helo's Sharon, but part of a setup stemming off of the plans Tigh's wife stole (when she was supposed to be burning them).

Comment 13 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/9/2006 at 4:47 AM

Ah - ok. Thanks Cutter.

Comment 14 by [SteelValor] posted on 10/9/2006 at 9:47 PM

lmao @ the Seinfeld reference

Comment 15 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/9/2006 at 9:53 PM

What Seinfeld ref?

Comment 16 by Tom Chiverton posted on 10/10/2006 at 2:50 PM

Sounds more convoluted than Babylon 5, which is an achievement :-)

Comment 17 by Marlon posted on 10/11/2006 at 5:39 PM

Just watched it last night. Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog! That was a great opener. There's a lot of opportunity for a lot of different angles now. Now I wish it wasn't so long in between episodes. A week seems forever :)

Comment 18 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/11/2006 at 5:54 PM

Just be happy this isn't the Sopranos. Good show - but a year and half between seasons? That's just stupid.

Comment 19 by Damien McKenna posted on 10/16/2006 at 11:53 PM

Ray, it wasn't a year and a half, the last episode of season 2 was in what January or February, and now it started again in October.

I watched it myself via iTunes last week, *very* good, certainly throws you around like a rag doll.

Comment 20 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/16/2006 at 11:57 PM

Season 2?? Oh - Damien - you are talking about BSG. I was talking about Sopranos.

Comment 21 by Jeff posted on 10/24/2006 at 3:14 AM

Seinfeld reference: when Tigh's wife is finished doing the cylon, he asks her about that move at the end. She replied 'oh, you mean the swirl"

Directly from Seinfeld.

I thought I was the only one that caught that.

Comment 22 by NJRonbo posted on 6/21/2010 at 1:17 AM

Another Seinfeld reference in Season 4.5 when one of the pilots is named "Costanza"