Can't connect Apache and CF due to previous connection?

My box was running ColdFusion under JRun, but I decided to switch back to a "simple" server setup. During the install, however, the connection to Apache wasn't updated. It continued to point to the JRun server instead of my new server. When I tried to run the connector though, I was told that Apache was already configured for JRun.

So - at first I simply went into my httpd.conf file and removed any mention of JRun. This didn't help. I then ran the bat file to remove all connections. This didn't work either.

At this point I wasn't sure what to do. It seemed like ColdFusion was convinced that Apache was already configured. I even reinstalled Apache and it didn't change.

Thankfully I got some help from Stephen Dupre and Bill Sahlas. Turns out there is a file under the wsconfig file in the CFMX folder. This had a set of properties that marked CF as connected to Apache. I simply removed them - and the /1 folder, and this time the connection script worked great.

Raymond Camden's Picture

About Raymond Camden

Raymond is a developer advocate. He focuses on JavaScript, serverless and enterprise cat demos. If you like this article, please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist or donating via PayPal to show your support. You can even buy me a coffee!

Lafayette, LA