BlogCFC Bug with MySQL/Access

This post is more than 2 years old.

I've seen a few reports come in with an error concerning dates and Access/MySQL. This morning I was able to reproduce it - but to be honest, I'm a bit lost. It is an area that hasn't been touched in months, and the data is certainly valid dates. I just wanted to write a note and make sure people know I'm aware of it.

Also - I've gotten quite a bit of trackback spam - but with my trackback spam blocker, each TB spam is normally a new TB spam. So - I think the spam list is working. In the next update to BlogCFC, I'll be sure to include my spam list in the core code. So even if you don't need the MySQL/Access fix, consider copying over the spam list.

Raymond Camden's Picture

About Raymond Camden

Raymond is a senior developer evangelist for Adobe. He focuses on document services, JavaScript, and enterprise cat demos. If you like this article, please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist or donating via PayPal to show your support. You can even buy me a coffee!

Lafayette, LA https://www.raymondcamden.com

Archived Comments

Comment 1 by Derek P posted on 11/21/2005 at 1:26 AM

regarding the trackback issue...did you ever get my feature idea of using cfx_image to create an image file with a value the user has to type in to a box identically to validate a human?

if you don't know what i mean, IM/Email me and i can explain it in more detail.

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/21/2005 at 2:27 AM

Well, TBs are supposed to support POST responses, so I don't think captcha (captha, whatever it is) would apply to it.

I can say most of my TB spam is -new- spam. Maybe one day my list will be complete. ;)

Comment 3 by Brian Rinaldi posted on 11/22/2005 at 7:28 AM

Ray, was the error you are talking about "Cannot format given Object as a Date". If so, I seem to have found a fix even if I don't see the cause. I was getting this error when I clicked on a category. To fix it, I changed the code on lines 155 and 162 on index.cfm to read application.localeUtils.dateLocaleFormat(createODBCdateTime(posted)) - I just wrapped the date in the odbc date time function. This fixed the issue, though I am not sure why. It wasn't happening locally, but I am running MySQL 5 locally...could be the difference.

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/22/2005 at 7:32 AM

Brian, that is close to what I did. In utils.cfc, I just did a createDateTime call on the value before passing it to the java ob. Either way - I haven't released it yet because it just doesn't make sense why this would happen _now_. I haven' t changed how dates are stored, nor have I changed the locale code in ages.