New Blog: The Adoption News

As readers of this blog know, I've adopted three beautiful, wonderful, and of course perfect (ahem) children from South Korea. The adoption process is a wonderful, and trying process. I try to keep up to date on the latest adoption news even though our adoptions are complete (for now).

I haven't found a good resource to aggregate various adoption-related news items out there, so I figured, why not make my own. Check it out here at The Adoption News.

It is running BlogCFC and Galleon. Also the picture from purchased from iStockPhoto.com, which despire my earlier complaints, is a very nice and useful service.

Comment 1 by Amy posted on 10/12/2007 at 2:23 AM

Sweet! Outta curiousity, did you go through an adoption agency from Korea?

My cousins (2 of 'em) and I are also adopted from South Korea.. adoptions seems to be pretty big in our family and I'm all for it when I find others either who are adopted or adopting kids. I think that's awesome!

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/12/2007 at 2:38 AM

Yep, we did. Eastern I believe it was. We have 3 now from Korea.

Comment 3 by Amy posted on 10/12/2007 at 3:29 AM

To be honest, I've only heard of Holt. So, that's cool that there are other agencies out there!

I regret not meeting up with you at MAX, I did find that your session on Data Feeds quite helpful.

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/12/2007 at 4:48 AM

Holt is the American side, right? We used ASIA (Adoption Services Something Something) for our kids - out of DC. I didn't realize you were a CFer. Most of my audience doesn't respond to the Adoption posts. :)

Comment 5 by Amy posted on 10/12/2007 at 8:32 PM

RE: Holt, I'm not sure. I believe it was on the Korean side.. but I could be wrong. I'll have to check - just cuz now I'm curious. I looked at their website briefly.. man, I was an expensive kid. :)

Anyways, yep.. been using CF for about 6yrs now. Trying to get Flex and AIR in here!

I'm so happy with the CFFeed tag.. been doing it the long way, and even if it's not totally perfect yet.. it's still nice to have!

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/12/2007 at 8:45 PM

Woah - would you believe I didn't fully read your comment? You were adopted from SK? Amazing. Mind if I ping you directly off blog? If not - use my Contact form in the tab above and I'll respond.

Comment 7 by Amy posted on 10/12/2007 at 8:55 PM

Sure! If you have an issue with my email.. let me know and I'll drop you a line.

Comment 8 by Amy posted on 10/13/2007 at 5:32 AM

I apologize in advance for rambling..