BlogCFC 3.9 is now formally released. There were a few small changes since the beta. Here is the list of features, with changes at the end:
- Category Editor
RSS 2.0 support, stolen from Steven Erat (thanks!)
- Pod Casting support. Cast those pods, baby!
- Additional use of TITLE in the blog pages (stats, etc)
- The admin "menu" bar now lives in the main layout.
- Bug fixed in search pod.
- New: RSS 2.0 category bug fixed. Thanks to Roger B.
- New: A bug, a very old bug, existed in the RSS generation. I forgot to xmlFormat some of the meta tags. I'm really surprised this didn't come up sooner.
- Warning: The Spanish locale is not yet updated. Steven Erat dared to take a vacation and he will be punished when he returns. (Joking, Steve. :)
As usual, you can download it from the Tools pod on the right, or right here.
So what's planned for 4.0? Here is my list of required items for shipping:
- Hour offset. Your live in CST. Your blog lives in EST. Let's get them together, shall we?
- Code clean up: Mainly just slimming down blog.cfc and breaking it up a bit. Zero impact on readers or users, but will help my sanity when doing code editing.
- New colored code. A user submitted a new version of the colored code custom tag, which is quite old. I also want to play with the CSS a bit so it uses scroll bars.
- Potential rewrite of code generated to make it XHTML compliant.
- Potential use of Aura.