Addicted to UPS

Am I the only one addicted to UPS Tracking? When I have a package in route (this time it's this), I tend to reload the UPS Tracking page about 50 times a day until it arrived. I don't know - it's something about seeing each city show up as the package makes it way to me. If they added GPS, I'd probably get no work done.

Comment 1 by andrew lucking posted on 6/23/2005 at 7:28 PM

Ha,ha. Me too. Bloglines package tracking may help extend the life of your F5 key ;-)

Comment 2 by Simeon posted on 6/23/2005 at 8:07 PM

I am right there with you man. Except it usually just makes me mad because I will watch the package stop in a city for a couple days. Or it will get here to portland and wait until the proper day to actually come out to me.

But I sit and watch for updates all day long anyhow :)

Comment 3 by Mike Rankin posted on 6/23/2005 at 10:01 PM

I still want gps tracking of my package.

Comment 4 by eapen posted on 6/23/2005 at 10:15 PM

ahh... someones tracking their PSP hack :)

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/23/2005 at 10:39 PM

Yep, it's for my PSP. :) Unfortunately, I can't use the new hack - as I upgraded to 1.51, and it's only for 1.5. :( But I have faith it won't be long. I'm going to stay at 1.51 and not go to 1.52.

Comment 6 by Scott Stroz posted on 6/23/2005 at 11:11 PM

I can take the obsession one step further.

After I receive the package, I check every so often to see how long it takes to update that the package was delivered. This can give me an idea on the latency of the system.

I need help :(

Comment 7 by g.wygonik posted on 6/24/2005 at 1:37 AM

with FedEx, i like to go back a few days later and look at the digitized signature of the recipient. it seems that UPS anymore just leaves packages and doesn't get signatures - unless you request it.

Comment 8 by Kevin posted on 6/24/2005 at 3:04 AM

Yeah, me too. But I add another step (especially if the package gets shipped by ground). I go to mapquest and map out the route the package took to get to me.

My kids think it's cool, but I think I need help too!

Comment 9 by James Edmunds posted on 6/24/2005 at 6:43 AM

Wanna see when my new Blackberry 7100g arrives? Look here, as I have done more times than I will admit!

Comment 10 by Doug posted on 6/24/2005 at 7:23 PM

Yes, we are addicted to some very strange things. Found that you can google tracking numbers. It works great.

Comment 11 by Cool::UPS Support Group posted on 8/3/2005 at 10:23 PM

Yes! I am addicted to tracking!. My f5 key is faded completely out!. Help me! Just kidding--I am addicted to tracking though, and at the moment am all over my violin coming from Texas to the east Coast.