Lighthouse Pro Bug Fixes

So, there are a few minor bugs with LHP. Unfortunately, I'm preparing for a business trip so I may not have time to package a nice little zip. Until then - I'm going to post the fixes here. I will have the Forums up soon. Just click on Galleon Forums in the right hand Tools pod and you will (eventually) see the LHP conference.

Bugs:

• The mySQL install script doesn't have the relatedURL property. Simply add it to issues, varchar, 255, not null, default "".
  • Ditto for MS Access.
  • So, now for a fun bug. On a MySQL install, a user kept getting an error when they would create an issue. The error was:

The argument IBEAN passed to function create() is not of type IssueBean.

Now, I knew for a fact I was passing a IssueBean to IssueDAO.create. I even dumped to make sure. I scratched my head for a while on it. Then Craig Taylor sent me a note. Turns out - the bug was simply with the cfqueryparam for the isBug value. You need to change:

<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_bit" value="#arguments.iBean.getIsBug()#">

to

<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#arguments.iBean.getIsBug()#">

Now - this may break in Access or SQL Server. When I have time, I'll test, and if so, I'll simply do an IF there to check the db type. Big thanks to Craig.

Comment 1 by Paul Bailey posted on 5/3/2005 at 1:39 AM

Just wanted to let you know their is still a problem with the program. It seems that now when you try to add infomation to a current project, It returns an error ...

The following error(s) has occured:
Error Executing Database Query.
Unknown Types value

I will try to figure this out, if I do, I will post fix .. I love this blog.

Have a safe trip ..
Paul

Comment 2 by jvanduin posted on 5/24/2005 at 2:00 AM

Looks like this works with a Access DB but not with MySQL.

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/24/2005 at 2:03 AM

Did you follow the tip to fix it for mysql?

Comment 4 by jvanduin posted on 5/24/2005 at 2:16 AM

Yes and the error debugs to
Exceptions
14:09:30.030 - Database Exception - in /apps/www/lighthousepro/components/IssueDAO.cfc : line 99

Error Executing Database Query.

and that is
relatedurl = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" value="#arguments.iBean.getRelatedurl()#" maxlength="255">,

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 5/24/2005 at 2:18 AM

Don't forget I cache everything. You will need to refresh the cache.

Comment 6 by jvanduin posted on 5/25/2005 at 5:00 AM

My bad,
The second error
The following error(s) has occured:
Error Executing Database Query.
Unknown Types value
is caused by not editing the same line
<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_bit" value="#arguments.iBean.getIsBug()#">
in the update section with integer value

Comment 7 by Chris posted on 6/8/2005 at 7:31 PM

Is LH Pro somthing different from the Lighthouse download on your blog? I downloaded the blog version, and it does not seem to have DB storage, unless I am missing somthing. Where can I find it, and how much is it?
Thanks

Comment 8 by Callum posted on 8/25/2005 at 6:45 AM

Hi Raymond,

Have you released Lighthouse Pro to the general community?, or is if just available on the DRK at the moment ?

If it's just on the DRK - are you planning on making it available at some time in the future ?

Thanks,

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 8/25/2005 at 6:17 PM

LHP is still DRK only. For now. That's all I can say.

Comment 10 by Scott Talsma posted on 9/26/2005 at 6:38 PM

Hi Ray,

I just found/squashed a bug related to rss feeds for projects. None admin users would get an error when querying a project:

rss_view.cfm Line 18
Change
<cfset projects = application.projectManager.getUsersForProject(url.id)>
to
<cfset projects = application.projectManager.getProjectsForUser(form.username)>

Hope that saves somebody some time.